Chapter (5)

-Camila, I'm sorry.

I didn't reply but started walking away from her. It was obvious she was following me because her footsteps were loud. I tried to find my way back to the place but I can't, I got way too dizzy because before everything, I also drank a couple shots. Fuck what was happening to me? I walked faster because I knew she would chase me. She soon reached up, and held my arm, stopping me from walking to nowhere. She held both of my shoulders, making me face her eye to eye once again.

-It's okay, whatever is bothering you right now, get those off, I'm here, calm down.

I was surprised that she understood me right away, she didn't ask me anything about it but she told me to calm down. She didn't touch the topic to why I was acting so strange but just tried to comfort me even if she didn't know the reason of my behaviour. I was looking at her with fear and anxiety. My head wasn't helping me at all, the more I fiddled my fingers, the more my breathing got heavier, I also was sweating so much because of the situation even if my body was prone to get sensitive because of the cold. The last image of Lauren filled my mind and her eyes were the last thing that I set my eyes on before I felt the sharp pain on the back of my head, and then everything was gone. Everything turned black.

I woke up facing a white ceiling as the light was blinding my eyes. Where was I? I couldn't remember where I was nor who carried me all the way here, all I could remember was the emerald eyed girl who was last seen before I was down, unconscious. I panicked, not knowing where I was until I look at my right side where familiar dark locks were all over my bed as it looked like the person was sleeping, heavily. Her arms were covering her face and she was snoring very quietly. I remembered who that was and my heart quickly beat as fast as before.

I didn't realize how long I was staring at the pale skin of the woman until she shuffled, waking up. Her eyes were closed but she soon rubbed them,grumbling quite groggily. I just kept looking at her until she'd meet her eyes with mine once again, and she did. The green eyes were on me as she looked confounded seeing me awake in front of her.

-Camila..you're awake. - she whispered.

I nodded at her as she reached in for my hand, holding it beneath her warmth as she sat up more properly on the plastic chair where she was sitting on. She caressed the upper part of my hands with her thumb, that again, gave me a lot of mixed emotions.

-I'm sorry, Camila, I was too stupid..

-What?

Why was she apologizing? I hate to think that she thinks this way, making herself the blame. I exhaled, sighing in disbelief. She noticed and she lend me some water that was on the night stand next to my bed. I was too distracted about Lauren seeing her lying next to me that I almost never realized where I was but due to the name tag on my wrist, I knew where I was, causing anxiety to run all over my body.

-Are you okay? - she noticed.

-Yes, I am.

Lauren noticed that again, I was acting differently. Lying, mendaciously, I also came to the conclusion that the Polynesian woman was also here after she came out of the bathroom. She just looked as shock as Lauren seeing me finally conscious.

-Bitch, you're awake already, thank God.

-What is this..who carried me all the way up here?

-Well.. - Lauren stuttered.

-Lauren did. - Dinah answered.

I looked over at my right side and the pair of eyes were looking at me with worry. She smiled at me and squeezed my hands where she never let go of since earlier. I looked at her inviolably as if finally I was safe under her touch.