Chapter fifty

Pain reshapes every human but it is up to us whether we let ourselves reshape from the pain or let ourselves get lost in the pain.

And what I am seeing here is the part in which I was lost into.

I didn't know much about Evan's relationship with his father. I only knew that he wanted Evan to follow his footsteps, but Evan wanted to follow his passion.

This is kind of unexpected though.

"Williams, stop drinking. You have to mourn." I said sternly. The only solution to this problem is to sober him up.

He took a swig of the alcohol and looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "Mourn? For who? For the man who wanted to control my life? Pfft! No."

My face dropped at his words and I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Evan, just listen to me. Drinking is not going to lessen your pain. Trust me, speaking from experience. It will come back a lot stronger in the morning."

"Pain?" He laughed. "I am not in any pain. I don't feel anything! And I am perfectly fine with it."

I bit my inner cheeks to stop myself from screaming at him.

Strangely, this reminds me of the times where I used to come back to the penthouse, absolutely wasted and Fiona would sober me up then I would silently walk back to my room and scream and cry at my losses.

I took a step towards him. "Evan, just hand me the bottle and let's talk."

"Nopey." He slurred and gobbled some more alcohol. "All I ever wanted was his support which I never got and now I'll probably never get it! Haha!"

My heart ached to see him like this. I know what's happening here. He says that he feels nothing, but when the sun rises tomorrow, he's going to be in pain. Physically and emotionally.

"Evan, you shouldn't say things like these. I know it hurts but please stop drinking and speaking ill of your father."

He hiccupped. "Father?" Another hiccup. "Don't tell me what to say and what not to say. Just go back to our room and sleep."

I gritted my teeth. "No! I am not going anywhere if you are in this state."

He scoffed. "Oh yeah right! You won't go anywhere because you're pregnant with my child. YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE COME HERE IF YOU HADN'T GOT MIRACULOUSLY PREGNANT!" He shouted furiously.

My heart dropped to my stomach and tears brimmed up in my eyes.

That's it! He crossed a line and now I'll take things in my hand. I stomped my way to the refrigerator and took out two bottles of chilled water. I took off the cap and poured them on his head. His eyes widened as he shivered violently and his teeth chattered. I threw away the bottles and slapped him. His face jerked right and he slowly touched his cheek. I covered my mouth and sobbed.

"Do you have any idea what you are saying?" I cried and tapped his chest with an accusing finger. "You didn't call me, y–you didn't text me then you come back home late and drunk. I know you're hurt but you have no right to say things like these! Do you not know how much I got worried about you? Of course, you don't because you are busy drinking away your sorrows instead of sharing them with me!"

He kept staring into space, breathing heavily.

"Evan," I felt my voice getting heavy with emotions. "Drinking and saying hurtful things to others is not going to help you. I know it very well because I used to be like this for weeks. Just hand me the bottle and we'll talk like proper adults."

I mentally sighed in relief when he slowly handed me the bottle. I took it carefully and quickly drained its contents down in the sink.

"Thank you. Let's talk somewhere else cause there are pieces of glass here. We don't want anyone to get hurt now, don't we?" He nodded his head and clumsily walked towards the balcony and sat on the floor, hugging his knees.