Chapter thirteen

After putting my suitcase back to my room, I roamed around the corridor, shouting Elizabeth's name. I'm surprised, nobody woke up and scolded me.

"In here." I heard her voice from the end of the corridor.

When I entered the room, I stepped on a teddy bear. It was pink and there was a heart stuck on it. I didn't even bother to read what was written in it and simply kicked it aside.

My eyes roamed around the room and finally landed on her. "I'm going to assume that there was a flood here. Flood of clothes and other things." I said calmly.

She gives me an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. I don't know where to keep all this stuff. Most of them are gifts from my bridal shower."

I picked up a cloth with the help of the hanger lying beside it. "This," Her eyes widen at the sight of the cloth and she bites her lip nervously, "is your bridal shower gift?"

She snatches the boxer briefs from me. "I...uh...it's c–complicated. I can't believe he left this here." She muttered under her breath and threw it on her bed.

"You should sleep." I said as I made myself comfortable on her bed. Something small poked my back.

"You should eat." She retorted.

I tried to shift but I couldn't as there were few of her dresses and some other gifts. It's better not to touch anything, but I found my hand digging deep inside those giant pillows on my back. When I took out the object, my eyes popped out of their sockets.

Oh dear God...

"Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth was still clearing up her floor, her back facing me.

"Yeah? There's food in my fridge. You can take it."

I took off its cap. "Elizabeth?"

"I don't have any plates but I did get a few crockery sets as a gift. I don't mind opening them. We can have—"

"Beth!"

"What?" She snapped and turned around to face me. Her eyes went down to the object in my hand. Her face became red in embarrassment.

I pressed the small button which was there on its end and it started...vibrating.

The sound resonated all around the room.

I guess this was a bad idea...

"I...umm...t–that..."

"Please don't scar me. Please say that this is a gift too."

She laughs nervously. "T–This was a gift." I sighed in relief. "From E–Eric on our six month anniversary." I shrieked and threw the vibrator on the floor.

She burst out laughing. I took a cloth and wiped my hands but shrieked and threw that away too when I saw with what I was wiping my hand. Elizabeth fell on the floor, laughing.

"That's not funny!" I scolded.

"I–It is! Oh my God! You made my night!"

"That's disgusting. Why did I even bother to come here?" I huffed, crossing my arms.

"You came here because you had to. There was no other option." She snickered.

Suddenly all that playfulness I had in me, flushed down. "Yes. There wasn't any."

"Good. Wash your hands in the bathroom, I'll take out some food." She pointed me to her bathroom and I followed her orders.

When I came back, there was a whole range of varieties of cookies, pastries and cupcakes. It looks like she had taken out a plate from her crockery set because the plates were brand new.