Chapter five

"So tell me, what do you want to eat?" I ask him as I wrap the blanket around my nude body and start picking up my clothes scattered on the floor.

"Don't know. Let's go out."

I turned to face him and shrieked, covering my eyes with my hands, not realizing that the blanket had fallen on the floor.

"Thomas! Cover yourself!" His laugh echoes all around the room.

I peek between my fingers and see his light grey eyes getting a tad bit darker. "No. I rather be like this only to see you like this."

My eyes diluted in confusion. "Like what?" My eyes went down to my body and widened.

His eyes were already roaming all over my body. He gets up and wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"T–Thomas, what are you doing?"

He shrugged. "Don't know. You tell me." His hands start roaming all over my body and reach a specific region.

I took a sharp intake of breath. "ThThomas..."

I woke up a few hours later with a warm hand holding mine and sliding something into my finger.

I knew what it was. My eyes were still closed but my body had woken up with a new excitement.

"Yes."

I felt his happiness radiating all around the room. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too."

"Miss?" I jolted up from my seat and looked around only to find myself inside a cab. My eyes drift to the ring on my finger and I sighed.

"Miss? We are here." I nodded my head and gave some cash to the driver. After taking out my suitcase, I looked at the building in front of me, standing tall and proud.

The Cali.

Owned by somebody named Ricard? Richie? I don't care. I don't care about the people who are inside this hotel, but I do care about the bride. That's why I am here. Not the family or the groom, just the bride.

It's too hot. I cover my face with a scarf and sunglasses and stand at its entrance.

My eyebrows furrowed as I remembered something. There was a certain person working here. I don't know if he's still working here or not, but I remember him.

"Well, here goes everything." I mumble and enter the posh building.

I walk to the reception, my heels clicking in every step I take. I hate the sound but I still wore it. The receptionist gives me her perfectly trained smile. "Good afternoon, welcome to The Cali. Do you have a reservation?"

"I'm here for a wedding."

Something flashes in her eyes. "Ma'am, may I have your invitation and identity proof please?"

I take out the requirements from my bag and give it to her. She types something in her PC and a weird expression of surprise and excitement takes her over.

"Welcome to The Cali, Mrs Green." My face scowled. Whoever sent me the invitation needs a personal lesson from me and I'll start from the lady in front of me.

"Hey," I look at her name tag, "Georgiana, can you do me a favour?"

"Of course ma'am. How can I help you?"

"Can you change the name from Green to Thompson? I am not married." I show her my teeth like it shows while brushing it.

Her nose scrunches up in a weird manner but recomposes herself quickly. "Of course ma'am. Maria Thompson, according to the ID?"