Chapter thirty three

"I don't understand. Who is this woman she's talking about?" My therapist asked, finally breaking the tension between us.

Nobody answered her.

I was staring blankly into space, my mind boggled with countless questions.

"I... I don't know. That is exactly what I have been saying. I don't know who she was. After things came back in control, I told your parents about her and they simply brushed it off saying that she must have been a well wisher or something like that."

"You knew?" I asked my parents, anger burning in my gaze.

"Of course. We wanted to know who brought my daughter to the hospital." My father said nonchalantly.

"You knew." I said in disbelief. "You knew and didn't tell me."

"How could we? There were bigger things happening at that time. You were much more important to us than some other woman, though she did lookelook quite well herself." My mother mumbled, shrugging to herself.

"Oh my God.. .I-I have to call the cops. Yes, yes. The cops." I checked my pockets. "Shit! I don't have my phone. I need a phone. I have to call them and inform them." I started looking around everywhere, trying to find a communication device but couldn't find any. My knees went weak again and I almost kissed the floor.

"Maria!" My therapist grabbed my arms, saving me from a painful fall.

"No. I-I have to c-call th--" I hiccuped.

"Miss Thompson, I want you to take deep breaths with me, okay? Inhale." I sucked in a sharp breath. "Exhale." We continued doing this exercise till I began to feel a little better. "All good?" I nodded in response. "Good. Now I want you to tell me why you want to call the cops?"

I shot a deadly glare to the couple sitting on the couch. How could they? That was probably the only chance of finding her and they didn't take it.

"I-It was her."

"Who?"

I looked at her warily, tasting the name on my lips before I spoke.

"Amelia."

I remember everything after the accident. I remember being upside down, in pain and getting panicked before I lost consciousness. I remember a bright light being flashed on my face and a touch of a hand, removing my hair from my face and those eyes, those light brown eyes which I can never forget in my life.

"I don't get it. Why is this woman of sudden importance?" My therapist asked.

Bubblegum! Bubblegum! In my gum!

We find candies very yum!

I closed my eyes, trying to push away my memories I had with her. I sighed loudly and realised that I have to open up that part of my life again. I have to tell her. She's my therapist.

Well, a bit more than my therapist but she should know now.

"You might be my seventh therapist in two years but you are my eighth in life." I said, looking straight into her eyes.

It all started back in my highschool days. We were four friends; Me, Amelia, George and Max. George and Max were identical twins and lived a couple of blocks away from where I used to live. Amelia used to live right next to them.

We were the total package of fun.

I met her in preschool. We were inseparable, best of friends. We even had similar dreams. I wanted to be a chef. I knew that from a very young age. I used to spend hours looking at my mother, cooking and baking. Amelia wanted to open her own restaurant, so we were the perfect combination. We had planned that after college we would start saving money and open up her dream restaurant where I would work.