Chapter 16: Temptations

Roc Royal’s POV

A/N: Pic at side is Janelle.

Okay, I know what I said…I wouldn’t take Janelle back. But how could I have done that, seeing her big gray eyes and those sweet, soft lips pouting at me all day? She’s just irresistible.

I want to take her back, but there’s a problem—what does that say about me? Right after Princeton tells me the truth I just give in to her? That’s weak. I can’t take her back yet. I have to wait a couple days…

It was pretty easy getting the truth out of Prince. It was an accident, really. I was telling him how I was thinking about going out with Bianca (and I really was, just to get him and Janelle jealous) and then he got super-jealous. So I told him if I couldn’t have Bianca, he would have to tell me what really happened with Janelle so I could get back with her.

And he told me exactly what Janelle told me—nothing happened. He just felt on her a little bit, and she got nervous and ran away afterwards. That was it.

Any normal person would still be mad at Prince for lying, but he’s like a brother to me. I can’t stay mad at him for long.

“I can’t believe no one knows who we are right now.” Ray said, scanning the airport looking for some young teen to run up to us and beg for an autograph. He’s always liked the attention.

“There’s only old people at this airport. They don’t care about us.”  Prod said. Ray-Ray sighed and sat down next to me on the little leather bench in front of a TV playing world news.

“When’s the plane coming?” Janelle asked us. I suddenly felt like everyone was staring at me, pressuring me to answer her question and communicate with her for once. But of course, no one was looking at me…Besides her. There was a big obvious sign telling when all the planes were coming, but she just wanted me to talk to her.

I can’t give her the satisfaction.

“In an hour or some crap like that…” Ray-Ray replied. Prince laughed at his frustration with the whole situation.

“I’m going out to get some fresh air. Anybody want anything out there while I’m gone?” Janelle asked, picking up her bag off the floor.

“A soda from the vending machine would be cool.” Prod said.

“Me too, please.” Bianca said. Janelle nodded and walked out the revolving doors and onto the bustling sidewalk. So it was just the five of us, talking among ourselves. Well they were talking among themselves, and I was thinking about her.

This was like when I first met her. I couldn’t get her off my mind. I had dreamt about her before I met her, I remember. I wanted to dream about her again, but I couldn’t. It didn’t matter though, because she was mine.

And now…I want a soda.

I walked away from the group and through the revolving doors, taking in all the car horns and rolling luggage. I went left, just as Janelle had, and then there it was—the vending machine. And Janelle was standing right in front of it, pressing buttons.

“Do you have enough money for that?” I called to her hesitantly.

“What?” She asked. I walked a few feet closer to her.

“Do you have enough money for all the sodas?” I repeated.

“Um, yeah. It’s just two sodas…I’m not broke.” Janelle said, picking up the first soda can from the slot at the bottom of the machine.

“It’s three sodas. One for me.”

She gave me a surprised look. “And…what makes you think I want to buy you a soda?”