Chapter 6: Determination

♥ Roc Royal’s POV ♥

So…Prod and Maria aren’t on good terms right now. I don’t know why; Prod’s the type of guy that won’t tell anyone what’s wrong when he has problems. But anyway, things aren’t going to well with me either.

The night that I met Janelle, I went to bed and prayed that I would have one of my dreams so I could really determine whether or not she was the one that was in my dream before. But when I woke up, I realized that I hadn’t had a dream at all.

I was really looking forward to seeing her in my head again. But don’t get the wrong idea; it’s not like I like her. It’s just…she’s nice.

I’m in love with Sapphire, not Janelle, I thought to myself. But somehow, that feels like a lie.

I was lying on a bed in Princeton’s girlfriend’s house—her name was Lana. She was really nice, but it was like Princeton only used her for when he was feeling affectionate. Other than that, she gave him her all and he couldn’t care less if they broke up or not.

Prince came into the room with a big smile on his face. He was wearing a black dress-shirt with half the buttons unbuttoned, exposing his chest. He was wearing sunglasses too—he just looked extra-nice.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked, hitting him with a pillow.

“We’re going to that concert place again—to meet two girls.” He said, hitting me back. I frowned. “Yeah, Janelle and some other girl named Bianca.”

“Who’s Bianca?” I asked, getting off my bed to get ready. I was trying not to show it, but I was so excited. I could picture her face in my head already—that thick, caramel hair, her big brown eyes, silky smooth skin…And angelic voice.

“Tyga’s other daughter.” Prince said, examining himself for the thousandth time in the mirror. Hopefully, Bianca was just as great as Janelle.

I pulled out a denim shirt and khaki pants from the closet. Then I went to get hair gel, Vaseline, and cologne, then headed to the upstairs room to change.

“What, you can’t change in here?” Ray asked as he came into the room. He saw me taking my clothes to the bathroom.

“No, not with both of you in there. I don’t know what y’all are into.” I joked. He nudged me in the side, and then I went to the bathroom.

After I changed into the outfit, I put some of the hair gel in my hair and combed it out. The curls looked extra nice now. Then I grabbed a lint roller from the shelf in the bathroom and rolled it over my pants a few times, even though there was no lint.

Finally, I sprayed cologne on my chest and neck, rubbed it around, and then sprayed some in front of me and walked through it.

“Roc, get out the freaking bathroom! We’re ready!” Princeton said, banging on the door. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror, and then put some of the Vaseline on my lips. Finally when I was satisfied with how I looked, I opened the door.

“I’m done. Happy?” I said to Princeton, laughing. He muttered whatever, and then we went down the stairs to wear Jayleen was sleeping sound on the couch. I grabbed some shoes by the door, and Prod did the same, and then we were ready to go.

“Aren’t you going to kiss her goodbye?” Ray asked, being the one that was always lovey-dovey with girls.

“Nah.” Prince said. He was the first one to go through the door. Ray and I shook our heads. We knew he didn’t have any feelings for Jayleen, and it was just a matter of time before they broke up.