Chapter 4: Dreams Come True

Roc Royal’s POV

“It’s just…it’s like I don’t know who I am anymore. I don’t know what I’m living for.” She says, wiping her tears.

“What do you mean? You do know who you are. If you didn’t know, you wouldn’t be so confident.” I say, trying to comfort her. I can’t watch her cry. It hurts my chest, and I don’t know why.

“Confident? I’m far from confident. I’m scared, and I’m lonely. No matter who I tell myself that I can trust, no one understands what I go through every day.” She complains. She’s still crying.

“Well how about this,” I begin to say. “We can help each other. We can build a web of trust with each other. I will help you get confident, and help you find out what you’re living for. And you’ll help me with what I need. Deal?” I throw in a smile at the last part.

She looks up at me, and a chill goes through my body. Her eyes…they’re strange. They’re special. Her smile…

“Deal.”

I woke up from the dream gasping for air. I raised my hand to my forehead—I was definitely sweating. It took me a couple of seconds to recognize where I was—in Asia’s house. Asia was Ray-Ray’s ex-girlfriend.

It was becoming a habit of just crashing by each of our girlfriends or ex-girlfriends. But I mean, it was better than being in those hotels all the time. It was more comfortable and less drama to deal with.

I leaped off of the bed and walked slowly; I still felt a little dazed from the dream.

When I made it into the living room, I saw Ray-Ray curled up on the couch next to Asia, and I shook my head. When Ti’Anna, his girlfriend, found out that we were here, I hoped I would have nothing to do with it.

“Where’s Prince at?” I asked Ray after waving to Asia.

“In the left room at the back.” He directed me. I turned in the opposite direction and went into the left room at the back as he said. Prince was lying on the bed reading a text on his phone.

“Did you know about this?” He asked when realizing I had entered the room.

“Did I know about what?” I went closer to him to read the text, carefully choosing my steps in the eerily quiet room. The text read:

This is Tyga. Meet your manager at the San Diego Theatre later to meet up with my daughter. And your manager said to tell you not to be nervous, and to make my daughter comfortable.

“Nah, I didn’t know.” I said.

“So why didn’t you tell us that Tyga was there? That’s not just info that you keep to yourself!” He yelled at me with this big smile on his face.

I smiled too. Maybe I shouldn’t let the dream I had be keeping me down like this. I should just relax.

I should call Sapphire.

After cracking a few jokes with Prince, I made my way back to the room I slept in and flopped myself down on it, my phone in hand.

It rang a few times, and after the third ring I knew she had looked at the caller ID and was contemplating whether or not to pick up the phone.

Pick up, pick up.

“Hello?” She said suddenly. A smile crept on to my lips.

Thank God!

“Ay, Sapphire.”

Silence.

“How you been?” I asked when she wasn’t responding.