Chapter 12: Fame, Fortune, and Love

Roc Royal's POV

    I was so surprised when I heard DJ Clue talk about Janelle's twin brother being in rehab. First of     all, I forgot she even had a brother; she barely talks about him. But now that he's talking drugs, I understand why Janelle has been distant for the past few days.

Her family is just really complicated. It's sad that she has to be going through so much with them. I  didn't want to add to that stress, so I didn't ask her about Junior when the interview was done. She stormed out of the studio, and for a moment I thought she was going to cry.

 But that's not the type of person Janelle is. She's strong.

"That interview was BS." She said. I could hear the anger in her voice and she gathered her things and walked out of the radio headquarters. She didn't even wait for us to catch up with her.
After the rest of us were outside, Bianca and I ran to catch up with her.

"Are you okay?" I asked timidly. I could tell Janelle was irritable right now and I didn't want to make her upset.

"I'm fine." She said sternly.  Bianca snorted.

"What's so funny?" Janelle asked Bianca.

"Nothing." Bianca replied quickly. She didn't stop laughing though. Janelle stared hard at Bianca, and then stopped walking. Both Bianca and I stopped walking when she stopped.

"Tell me what's so hilarious, Bianca. I would love to know. Because I don't think there's anything funny about your mother being a stripper. Or you trying to date your half-brother. Or that same half-brother taking drugs and ending up in rehab. I don't think that's funny. And you know what else isn't funny? Thousands of people know that my twin brother is in rehab. I don't think that's funny at all." Janelle yelled, getting dangerously close to Bianca.

"Wait, hold up. Watch the way you talk to me, alright? And anyway, I was just laughing because you're getting all upset for some little interview. It ain't that serious." Bianca replied.
Prod, Ray-Ray and Prince heard and saw the commotion, so naturally they caught up with us to see what exactly was happening.

"'It ain't that serious'? Bianca, did you hear ANYTHING I just said? The whole world knows about my brother’s issues. That is very serious! You see, that’s why I don’t like you. You can’t understand anything ‘cause you’re so stupid sometimes.”  Janelle shouted. Bianca stepped up to Janelle to reply, but I grabbed Janelle by the hand and pulled her to the side.

 “Hey calm down, people are watching.” I said to her, pointing at the group of girls and boys about our age staring at us wide-eyed. At first I thought they were just staring because they saw a fight about to go down, but then I realized that we were Mindless Behavior and Lovechild.  We were famous.

It’s easy to forget that sometimes.

As soon as one of the girls screamed at the top of her lungs all of us ran as fast as we could to the car. Prod got there first; he pulled on one of the doors but it was locked.

“Damn.” He said, out of breath.                  

“What do we do now?” Ray-Ray asked, looking nervously at the girls running after us. They weren’t too close, but they were catching up.

“Hide.”  Prince said. We all looked at the large gathering of bushes next to us. None of us wanted to, but we knew we had to. We all leaped into to the bushes right before the girls ran up here. They looked toward our direction, but they didn’t see us, so they turned back around disappointedly.

We had to spend a whole hour there, just because people kept passing by and looking for us. I’d been through things like this before. It was kind of fun for me, but Bianca and Janelle were nervous. They were new to this whole ‘fame’ thing. It made me feel more famous, too.