thirty-five

Lucas smirked. He looked at Abbie.

"I don't know. Why?" He said in a serious voice.

Catelyn paused for a bit. She is about to tremble. She didn't see this coming. She isn't even sure why she asked Lucas that question.

"I don't know, you two will probably look cute together." Catelyn smiled. "And it would be more cuter if you're together." She continued.

Lucas laughed. "I see what's happening here." He said.

"What do you mean?" Catelyn asked.

"You're pushing me to ask Abbie as my date for this prom night." Lucas chuckled.

"No, it's not like that." Catelyn said, looking away from Lucas.

"Well, if you say so." He smirked.

Catelyn and Lucas continued to walk down the hallway. She stopped herself from talking too much as she noticed that she's making it too obvious that Lucas even asked.

She fixed her hair while walking, making Lucas notice it.

"These are my favorite flowers, by the way." Lucas said as she watched Catelyn.

"I see why Abbie packed all of them." Catelyn said, smiling.

"Tell her thank you and it's beautiful." He looked at the flowers with a smile.

"Will do."

"Are you free tonight, Catelyn?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Oh, okay."

"Why?"

"Nothing. Thanks for these anyways."

"My pleasure."

The sun was placed in the perfect spot on the horizon, lighting up the the world with its elegance. The clouds were up there too.

Time went by, Catelyn made countless steps to pursue Lucas.

Later that night, she made heart-felt letters which she addressed to Lucas. Every word is a tune of love, carefully connected to what she really is feeling for Abbie.

Catelyn disregarded what she really felt for Abbie to be happy.

She went to bed and got up again, making her way to the balcony.

She placed her head looking upward the black velvet. No glitter and stars were visible at this time, only the dark clouds above her head. She somehow enjoyed the scenery for it reminds her of Abbie.

Everything reminds her of Abbie. From love to heartaches. She went back to bed and tried to sleep her pain away.

Another day came marking the reminder of the upcoming event.

Catelyn packed her things, bringing the letters that she wrote the night before.

As she got to see Lucas, she immediately handed him the letters.

"What are these?" Lucas asked as he received the letters.

"It's from Abbie. She told me to give it to you." Catelyn replied.

"Why won't she give it herself?" Lucas chuckled.

"Oh come on, you know she can't do that. She's shy and you guys have a little issue between you two."

"Shy? Really? That's quite bad."

"I suppose. Now read them."

"Now?"

"Yes. Now."

"Okay."

Lucas carefully opened the envelope of letters, reading each. He smiled.

"These are pretty good. Couldn't believe she could write all of these."

"I think she wants to be with you."

"Be with me? Are you kidding?"

"I'm not. What made you think that I'm kidding?"

"Oh nothing."

As Lucas continued to read, he saw an odd letter.

"This one says 'Dear Abbie' in it." He's confused.

"Which one?" Catelyn slightly trembled.

"This."

Lucas showed Catelyn, she thought it was the letter that she's been hiding on her journal but fortunately it wasn't. She just happened to be thinking about Abbie while writing the letters.

"Oh let me get that. I wrote that for Abbie. See? My name's written below. How clumsy of her to put that on the envelope. I gave that to her yesterday."

"You're weird, you know."

"I'm not, she is.. well kind of, I'm weird."