ten

Moments later, Catelyn came back to life. Abbie felt a major relief, giving off a big sigh as she continued to cry. Catelyn is still off of her mind.

"What were you thinking!?" Abbie screamed as she helped Catelyn stand.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." Catelyn's tears started to pile up and run through her pale face. She was trembling from the touch of the coldness of the water. She could have died if Abbie was not there.

Abbie gave her a hug, a reassurance of Abbie being always there for her, even on her darkest days.

"Don't do it again." Abbie told her in a serious manner. "I don't know what to do if you're going to die.. not in my sight, Catelyn." she added.

"I won't do it again. I'm sorry, Abbie." Catelyn said, still crying and trying to get the sense of her jumping off the pool. She gave Abbie a hug, even tighter. "Thank you, Abbie. I owe you my life and my vanilla ice cream."

Abbie laughed, thinking of the ice cream that she prepared earlier. "I added sprinkles, by the way. But now it melted."

"Doesn't matter. Let's it eat." Catelyn said.

Abbie went to get the ice cream she prepared and it was pretty much melted. Without any hesitation, the two ate the ice cream.

"Remember when you told me that your life is sad, Abbie?" Catelyn asked.

"Yes. Why?" Abbie answered, with the ice cream dripping off her shirt.

They both realized that they are still wet from jumping off the pool. But they didn't mind.

"I think mine is sad too." Catelyn said in a low voice, putting her bowl beside her.

"Why do you think so?" Abbie asked as she finished her last bite of the ice cream.

"My existence is a mistake." Catelyn said, biting her bottom lip and looking down the grassy part of the backyard that they're sitting on.

"Sadness is part of out lives, Catey. Sometimes, we can't just get away with it. All we can do is wonder why we are sad. And that 'wondering' brings you to the world of overthinking- which is a lot worse than sadness alone. The universe produced you perfectly- and it isn't and never will be a mistake. It's a blessing. See life as a blessing. And by that moment, you will know your worth and purpose as you walk through the path of life." Abbie said, letting Catelyn's head rest on her shoulder.

"I'm still convinced that mine is a mistake, Abbie."

"Well, I couldn't change your perspective now, you just jumped off the pool a while ago. Trust me, Cates. You are not a mistake. You know what a mistake is? You jumping off that pool." Abbie placed her palm to Catelyn's cheeks with a smile painted on her lips. She hugged Catelyn once again, and it gave Catelyn another reason to live.

"Thank you Abbie. You are my blessing."

"You're welcome, troublemaker. Don't do ever do that again. I will throw hands."

"You want to know a story?" Catelyn asked.