Chapter 16

Everything went as planned, and the chip was successfully inserted inside Zanjin's chest. Zanjin was still at the hospital, recovering.

"So, what next, Yibo? " Zhan asked as he sat next to Yibo on the couch.

"Listen to this first. " Yibo said as he handed Zhan his phone and earphones.

"What's this? " Zhan asked.

"Listen. " Yibo said.

Zhan put on the earphones and played the audio.

"Boss! Boss! "

"Why are you shouting? I'm still alive. "

"But, boss... The thing I'm going to tell you might kill you. "

"What the fuck are you blabbering about. Come to the point before I kill you. "

"Boss, He Peng has been murdered. "

"What? "

"Yes, Boss. His body was found 3 days ago. "

"What do you mean? Who killed him? "

"Don't know, boss. All his men have been killed too. Just the way SuShe and his men were killed. "

"What? Who's doing all these? "

"It was said that it was an internal gang war and the case has been closed. "

"How can they close the case without catching the culprit? "

"Boss... Everyone who were a part of the incident which took place an year ago have been killed, except you. "

"A-Are you s-scaring me? "

"I'm stating facts, Boss. "

"B-But... Who on earth is doing all these. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo are dead already. Haoxuan and Yuchen aren't capable of doing all these alone. "

"Boss... I'm not trying to scare you... But have you heard of vengeful ghosts? "

"W-What are y-you saying? "

"It is said that those who die having many regrets and those who die an unfair death will come back after their death to take their revenge. "

"What bullshit! You mean X-Xiao Zhan and Wang Y-Yibo have come back as ghosts? "

"Maybe. Just think about it. He Peng and SuShe were murdered in the same way at two different countries, and at the same time. And all those who were a part of the Blue Lotus family massacre are murdered. There's not even a single clue about the culprit and the case has been closed already. Who else is capable of doing all these, boss?

"No... No... This isn't true... Call a priest right now... Go.... Call him... No... I don't want to die.... "

Zhan took out the earphones after listening to the whole audio.

"So? " Zhan asked.

"Let's scare him to death. " Yibo said.

"Let's go. " With that said, both Zhan and Yibo quickly wore a hat and a mask to hide their identity and drove to the hospital where ZanJin is admitted.

They quickly sneaked in. A doctor in there, who is working on their side gave them a white coat and a face mask and helped them slip into Zanjin's room.

Zanjin was sleeping soundly when Zhan and Yibo entered. Looking at him made their blood boil. They wanted to kill him right on spot, but they refrained from doing so.