Chapter 17

"Tell my brother... That... I'll miss him... " Zanjin said in a low voice.

"Who's your brother? " Zhan asked.

"Yu.... Yuchen.... " With that said Zanjin took his last breath.

"What? What did you just say? " Zhan took out his life support.
"Hey! Wake up. What did you just say? " Zhan held Zanjin's collar and started shaking him vigorously.

"Zhan! Zhan... Don't... He's dead. " Yibo tried stopping Zhan by holding his hand.

"No... Yibo... He said something about Yuchen. Hey! Wake up. Wake up, you fucker! " Zhan yelled as he punched Zanjin hard on his face.
"Yibo... Call the doctor. Ask him to save him. "

"Zhan... He's dead. " Yibo raised his voice.

"But he said something Yibo... Yuchen... How can Yuchen be his brother? " Zhan asked feeling confused.

"Even I don't know, Zhan. I'm as shocked and confused as you are. " Yibo said.

"We'll have to find out, Yibo. Zhu Zanjin! Stop pretending and wake up. " Another hard punch landed on Zanjin's face, followed by another, but Zanjin didn't move a muscle.

"Zhan! Stop it. " Yibo hugged Zhan tight from behind and that was enough to calm Zhan down. His frustration and confusion slowly melted away in Yibo's embrace.

Zhan slowly turned around to face Yibo.
"But, Yibo... How can Yuchen be his brother? " Zhan asked.

"We have to ask Yuchen, Zhan. " Yibo replied.

"Does that mean Yuchen was also involved in all this? Was he a part of our families murder? Did he kill his own wife? " Zhan asked as a tear slowly escaped his eyes.

"Zhan, let's not draw conclusions. We'll have to speak with Yuchen to find out the truth. " Yibo said and Zhan nodded.

"Let's go. " Zhan said as he intertwined his hand with Yibo's.

"Just a second, Zhan. My phone's ringing. " Yibo said as he took out his phone from the coat pocket.
"It's Jiyang. " Yibo said looking at Zhan.

"Answer it. " Zhan said.

"Hello, Jiyang. " Yibo spoke.

"Why the hell aren't you guys picking your damn phones! "

"Haoxuan? Why are you calling using Jiyang's phone? " Yibo asked.

"That's not important right now. Something happened Yibo. " Haoxuan said.

"What? What happened? " Yibo furrowed his brows and Zhan walked towards him.

"Yuchen... Yuchen has been kidnapped. "

"What? " Yibo was shocked.

"What happened, Yibo? " Zhan asked.

"Yuchen has been kidnapped. " Yibo said and Zhan's eyes widened due to shock.

"What? " Zhan asked.

"Tell me more, Haoxuan. What exactly happened? " Yibo asked.

"I went out to buy some groceries, but by the time I came back something happened in here, Jiyang was knocked out and the house was a complete mess. " Haoxuan explained.
"Come back soon, Yibo. I don't know why, but I'm feeling things are going out of hand. "

"We'll be there in another 15 minutes. " Yibo said as he ended the call.
"Zhan, we gotta hurry back home. " Yibo said and Zhan nodded.
They soon ran out of the hospital, and drove off towards home.