Chapter 9

Zhan was leaning against the kitchen' slab, watching his Jie cook. He was physically present but mentally absent. He was deep in thought about the incident that took place that morning.

"A-Zhan, is something wrong? " Lu asked walking next to her brother.
"A-Zhan? " Lu shook him gently to bring him out of daze.

"Ah? Jie? What happened? Is something wrong? " Zhan asked.

"A-Zhan, what's wrong? Did something happen? " Lu asked him.

"N-Nothing, it's nothing, Jie. " Zhan said.

"Stop lying, Xiao Zhan. Tell us the truth. " Zhuocheng entered the kitchen to join his two siblings.

"It's nothing, Zhuocheng. " Zhan smiled.

"Nothing my ass. Who was that lady? Why was she shouting at you? I really wanted to beat the shit out of her. " Zhuocheng said rolling his palm into a fist.

"Cheng, it's nothing. You have to trust me. " Zhan tried calming Cheng down.

"I don't trust you, Xiao Zhan. Just tell us the truth already. " Cheng demanded.

Zhan had no other choice but to tell them everything about what his friend Ziyi had said the other day, about Yibo's PA, Sara.

"What? Are you serious? " Cheng yelled.

"Stop shouting, Cheng. You'll destroy my ear drums. " Zhan complained.

"Why do you need them anyway? To hear your own moans? " Cheng rolled his eyes, earning a smack from Zhan.

"Okay, okay. Don't fight now. " Lu said.
"A-Zhan, you have to be careful. Don't take it lightly. " Lu said.

"She can't hurt me, Jie. " Zhan said.

"Stop being careless, A-Zhan. I seriously won't spare anyone if they try to hurt you. " Lu said in a stern voice.

"Wow, Jie! You really sound scary when your serious. " Cheng said chuckling.

"I agree. " Zhan laughed.
"Don't worry, Jie. I'll be careful. " Zhan said with an assuring smile.
"Is the dinner ready, Jie? I'm very hungr--- "

That was when they heard a knock on the door.

"I'll check. " Zhan said as he headed towards the main door. Fengmian and Madam Yu were seated on the living room couch, having a chat with Yuchen and Jiyang.

Zhan opened the door, and his heart skipped a beat when he saw his handsome boyfriend, out there. Yibo didn't waste a second, as he hugged Zhan as soon as he saw him.
Fengmian and Madam Yu widened their eyes in surprise, whereas Yuchen almost choked on air.

"I'm sorry, Zhan. " Yibo said, hiding his face in the crook of Zhan's neck.

Zhan softly caressed Yibo's back to calm him down.
"What happened, Yibo? What's wrong? " Zhan asked in a soothing voice.

"Did I embarrass you today? " Yibo asked in a low tone.

"Embarrass? What are you talking about, Yibo? I was soo proud and happy to have you as my boyfriend. The way you defended me in front of all those people made me really very emotional. I love you soo much, Yibo. " Zhan said hugging Yibo tight.

"I love you too, Zhan. " Yibo said pulling Zhan closer.

"Ahem Ahem. " Madam Yu cleared her throat and that was when the couple realized that they were being watched.
They broke the hug, and turned towards the elders with slightly embarrassed faces.

"Uncle, aunty... I want to tell you something... " Zhan said in a low voice.

"Does it include something more than what we just saw? " Fengmian chuckled making Zhan blush.