Chapter 75

"Ain't nobody gon love you like I love you.."

I took one last look at the essay, before storming off to the direction of Mattia's house..
My breathing started getting heavier with every step I took..
I became anxious..

I spotted his house in the distance and started walking even faster than before..
Till I was at his front door... I took a deep breath before knocking on it..

No answer.

I knocked again.. Feeling my heartbeat increase..

No answer.

It wasn't until the 3rd time I knocked I started hearing shuffling noises from inside the house..
Then I heard footsteps approaching the door...I bounced my leg up and down nervously..
The door opened widely..

"Who is-"

He said... But his eyes widen as soon as he saw me..
There he was..
He looked tired as hell..
Eyes were puffy and red, with bags under them..
And his hair was messy.
But he still looked amazing.

"G-.. Gabriella?"

He stuttered.. I didn't say anything.. I just stared at him.. Admiring his face without saying a word..

"What are you doing here..?"

He asked nervously as his eyes traveled down my body.. Stopping at the paper I was holding.. His eyes widen once again and his jaw clenched..

"Mattia.."

I whispered, as I took a step closer to him.. He just stared at me.. His eyes were.. Empty..
Not the eyes I fell in love with.

I then brought up the paper to his face.. So he could get a good look at it.. He slowly grabbed it out of my hands.. Still keeping eye contact with me..
He shut his eyes and sighed..

"So.. You read it..?"

He hesitantly asked as he gave the essay back to me.. I nodded making him sigh.

"It was beautiful Mattia"

I said as he lowered his head and stared at the ground.. and dug his hands in his pockets..

"It was whatever.. I guess"

He shrugged still looking down.. I sighed as I took another step closer to him..
I brought my hand up to his cheek, lifting his head up and started caressing it with my thumb ..
Mattia just stared at my eyes...moving his gaze to my lips.

"maybe I shouldn't have written that essay.. It will only make things worse"

He shook his head as he tried pulling away from me.. But I didn't let him.. My hand remained on his cheek  as I looked up at him, considering how short I was compared to him.

"No it won't... It will make things easier actually.. Because now I know how you feel"

I said..

"And I definitely feel the same way"

I added.. I watched as his expression softened..

"Gabriella..."

He whispered as he lightly placed his hand on my hip..