Chapter 12

"And now I see that you've run back when I though you'd quit"

I don't understand why I'm obligated to stay in bed for a couple of days, the nurse said that sudden movement could cause permanent damage.

But it doesn't seem that bad to me, my knee doesn't hurt that bad, but I'm not a doctor.

I got up and headed to the bathroom hopping on my left leg, because I couldn't move my right one.
I looked at myself in the mirror..
God I look like shit.
I slowly and carefully lifted my shirt up, the bruise on my stomach was huge and very noticeable..
I took out the ointment they they had given me and sighed.

I started rubbing it first on my stomach, firmly and gently, then moved to my arm and my thigh.
It hurt, but I can bear the pain.

Why does this shit always happen to me?
Does the universe hate me?
I've been through so much I don't deserve it.. Sorry.. I sound so selfish right now..
But.. I'm just a kid, I can't handle all these pain, which is mainly emotional.

I rubbed my eyes and sighed, I started  limping towards my bed.
I laid down and stared at the ceiling for couple of minutes... Just trying clear my head.
I then checked my phone.
4.25 pm
They should be here in about 5 minutes..
My mom left half an hour ago, after helping go up the stairs.. My dad is already at work.
I told the boys to text me when they're here.
I was on my phone when a text popped up from Kairi.

Kai👶⛄:
We're here

You:
The back door is open, I'm upstairs.
Read

I heard the back door open and their childish laughs echoing in the walls of my house.
I had to face Mattia after what happened at school, I feel obligated to thank him.
I then heard footsteps come up the stairs and a knock on my door.

"Come in"
I had already my laptop, notes and everything needed placed on my bed.

"How are you?"  Ale said giving me  a hug and Kai did the same, mattia just stood there, awkwardly staring at me.

"I'm fine, really"
I smiled at them and they smiled back.

"Alright lets get started on this project" Kairi said making me sigh.

So that's what we did, we first searched the information needed on the internet.
By we, I mean Alejandro, me and Kairi.
Mattia was on his phone, paying no attention to us.

"Hey man you're gonna help or what?" said Alejandro frustrated, mattia just looked at him and rolled his eyes.

"Ugh fine"

He finally put his phone down and helped us fill in the questions.
The whole time his phone was blowing up by text messages, it was hard to concentrate.
I looked at Mattia and he looked back at me, confusion took over his face.

"Can please answer your texts popular boy?
It's getting annoying"

He rolled his eyes and laughed a little.

"Sorry, Sophie keeps texting me"

A small smirk appeared on his face,
Alejandro's and kairi's heads shot up.
Assuming they didn't expect that answer, neither did I honestly.

"I thought you went to talk to her today to end everything?" Alejandro looked at him with pure confusion.

"Well, that was what my intention was but she was all over me and I couldn't handle it so we ended up hooking up and now she can't stop texting me"

Those words hurt me, I felt my heart break a little.. He knew she hurt me and he fucked her?

"But why...?"

Those were the only words that could come out of my mouth, mattia looked at me for a couple of seconds before answering.. My question? Wasn't really a question..

"What do you mean?"

I gulped and took a deep breath..

"You knew she hurt me but you still..."

He caught me off mid sentence..

" hold up why would I care If she hurt you?"

Ouch.. That one hurt Polibio.

"Mattia you are being a dick head"

Alejandro stepped in

"She hasn't done anything to you why are you being such an asshole?"

Then Kairi.

Mattia clenched his jaw and balled his fists.

"Leave me the fuck alone"

He then got up and shut the door behind him with force.
What's his problem?

All of our eyes widened...

"I'm gonna go talk to him"

I don't know if this was a good idea or not.. But I feel like I have to..