Choices And Departures

Start from the beginning

In the tension filled air, General Hux clears his throat once more and clasps his leathered hands behind his back, the way he usually would. I stare into the malicious, blue eyes and saw the pleasure he was getting out of all of this mess – Only he and I in this Command Shuttle knew of all the chaos the Supreme Leader had caused behind the scenes.

"Ren." Finally, Hux speaks, "I thought I would find you here early, though I didn't expect company."

His eyes would rest on a point or even a person, and he'd stay there longer than the average person would – As they now glanced onto me like I was the soot beneath his boot. It was like the elongated eye contact General Hux made, demanded a greater degree of physical separation from everyone and everything.

My head swam with sudden regrets and my heavy heart felt as if my blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. It wasn't regret over my choice. Kylo would always be the one I would blindly follow... But I never wanted to throw it into Five's face as if I never cared; As if forgetting the childhood closeness we once provided.

"Well, why did you need to find me in the first place?" Kylo asks, eyes glancing over to Five and immediately feeling the daggers pierce his thick skin that Five's hazel eyes provided – Though those slices only brought him pride as much as those battle scars upon him proved his strength and worthy.

"To make sure everything was going to plan." General Hux tuts, still looking my way but breaking contact with his next words, "I won't be accompanying you two, but Snoke asked of me to make sure everyone was upon schedule for departure."

Kylo suddenly wore a puzzled expression, furrowing his brows and squinting his eyes, "You Two?" He repeated General Hux's words, perplexed.

General Hux glanced back to me for a split second and then left again, his face casting as dead-panned as he could manage, yet he failed. There at the corner of his would-be sombre, thin lips was a crease of amusement. A smirk tugging to the right of his cheek.

"Oh. You didn't know?" He sighed, rolling his eyes and my stomach churns. "Apprentice Five, would be joining you to The Supremacy until further notice."

It seemed all along Kylo never knew as much as I did, and I suddenly wondered why Snoke decided not to tell him Five was leaving too, until he eventually found out today?

All at once, Kylo was blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, resembling acid. His fists clench by his sides, the stretch of leather sounding to my ears and his jaw clenched.

"And why is that?" He spat, eyes ripping between General Hux and Five as if they didn't know who they suddenly loathed more.

"Because Supreme Leader Snoke ordered me to, himself." Five suddenly says, his upper lip twitching.

Almost too slowly to be natural, Kylo turns his neck to Five, and I could feel the rage in his body but didn't know how to stop it from erupting. Like the slashes in the ship's panelling, he was torn with burning anger, whilst also loyalty to his Supreme Leader.

"Did he now?" Kylo seethes between clenched teeth, glancing back to Hux to search for proof.

General Hux nods, his sleek hair shining amongst the glimmering ship's lights. "Yes, he did. Now, both of you get over yourselves and make sure you are both still here in thirty minutes. I don't want to be babysitting such dimwits."

He turns on his heel swiftly to leave but before he exits the craft, Five stops him, running after Hux and furrowing his brows.

"We're taking the same ship?" He says in shock, spitting his words as if they tasted wrong upon his tongue, "I refuse to be trapped inside a ship with him. Prepare me another."