Chapter 24 (Special w/Smut)

The two found each other shortly after the bell dismissed them. Akaashi practically gave him a miniature lecture about how he should study, especially in maths and how he's going to be held back a year if he didn't pass. That pass was a little bit of an exaggeration but he still mentioned it anyways. Bokuto slumped over, groaning about how much of a mess his test scores and grades were.

They made their way to the locker rooms, getting into their designated lockers which held their uniforms. Akaashi changed quickly, slipping out of his school clothes then pulling on his uniform. Bokuto took a few quick glimpses, thankful that Akaashi hadn't seen him peaking or otherwise he would be in a larger mess than before. Once the two had changed, Bokuto slung an arm around Akaashi as he became riled up about training.  He fizzed with energy like shaking a soda. The Spring weather was nice and sunny, seemingly perfect. Beams of sunshine on the clear day warmed up the two before they entered the gym, beginning their warmup.

---

The two stayed back once again as Bokuto always pestered him to do so but Akaashi didn't mind whatsoever. Akaashi positioned himself near the net, setting up backwards. His fingers formed that familiar diamond, fingers spreading out as he delicately set it up, not a sound heard. The ball glided across, making its way to Bokuto. Bokuto had already made his sprint, now springing up into the air in that glorious position. He formed the bow and arrow before slamming it down diagonally, the ball bouncing off.

Bokuto swiftly made his landing with that oh so handsome grin of his, making anyone cheer twice as loud. He turned to Akaashi for some validation, "wasn't that great Akaashi," he gushed, "wasn't it! I'm gonna be the best spiker in Japan!"

Akaashi nodded with a small smile caressing his features, sliding upon them.
"Yes indeed Bokuto, your spike was great." He replied as he went to the trolley which contained all the volleyballs. The two kept on going at it, his iconic thunderous spikes slamming into the floor. He didn't call those thunderous spikes for nothing, with power like Bokuto's you'd have to call those spikes of a true monster.

It was earlier than they thought it was but that was a good thing. The two began to pack up the equipment.

"Hey Akaashi! Look at me!" Bokuto struck a pose, volleyballs tucked underneath his shirt. Over 1 million words in the English lexicon and he couldn't find a word for how tempted he was to throw something at him. Akaashi simply shoved the balls from underneath his shirt. "Now you only have two balls, not four," he gathered the volleyballs to their designated trolley. "AgggGggggGgGkkKKaaaaaAAAaaashiIiiiii," he moaned dramatically, reaching out an outstretched arm. He pouted like a child as he made his way to gather the nets.

The two had carried in the volleyball posts and we're now locking up the gym as they were given a key. Akaashi tugged at the doors, making sure they were locked.

The two walked together, instead of hitting the locker room bathrooms, they decided to go home. "Hey Akaashi, you wanna stay at my place again?" His head turned over to Akaashi as he hummed along with a nod in response. And so the two decided to catch a bus, walking to the nearest bus stop. The air was nice, wasn't too chilly but it did nip at Akaashi's skin like a baby crab. (I accidentally snatched out a baby crab at the beach when I was younger. I realised it wasn't a shell and without thinking I screamed and yeeted it, poor crab).

Akaashi took a glimpse back at the school, noticing a figure in the distance. They seemed oddly familiar but Akaashi couldn't figure out who it was at the very moment. He sighed as he watched the bus come to a halt right in front of them. Bokuto got on first before Akaashi, selecting the middle seating area. Akaashi received the window side, resting his head on his palm as his eyes stalked the silhouettes chasing after him or leaving. Bokuto placed his hand on Akaashi's, which he immediately retracted his hand. Bokuto slightly whimpered before he got the reference.