Chapter 21

Everyone rushed out the doors of their classes, flooding the hallways with bustling students once the bell dismissed them. A loud buzz filled the air as students made their way to their club activities or lockers.

Akaashi made his way to his locker, grabbing his change of shoes and some books to study from. He let out a sigh, exhausted from the tedious lengthy lesson of history. Akaashi left the building along with the small crowd dispersed through as some club activities were cancelled for those.

He strolled around the building, humming as the birds sung at the top of their lungs. The luscious grass beneath his feet contained a few twigs and rubble,  crunching beneath him upon every step he took. His feet sunk into the grass as he approached the gym entrance, being the first one there. He clutched his bag strap slung  over his left shoulder as he entered. His head inspecting the room, the slight odour of metal, sweat and plastic drenched the air. He inhaled the scent deeply, closing his eyes as memories flicked through his head. He went over to the bench in the back corner of the room near the seating area for crowds (forgot what it was called). He dumped his bag beside the bench. He crouched down as he grabbed his volleyball clothing. He made his way out, in the direction of the locker room which was to his right.

Entering the dimly lit room, light flooding through the window panels. He entered, strolling over towards the changing room which was further in. Changing quickly into his uniform as his mind was flooded with random thoughts he had throughout the day.
He finished up quickly, stumbling over to his locked. His head turned towards the entrance as he heard playful voices boom from outside. It was Bokuto of course. Akaashi unlocked his locker and quickly chucked In his clothing he had previously worn. Akaashi suppressed a smile as Bokuto stumbled into the room with his signature
"Hey hey hey". Akaashi greeted him politely as he left to do some warm ups and stretching.

---

It was the end of training, the teammates drenched in sweat. Some lay on the floor, exhausted while others were too hyped to even contain their abundance of energy which somehow didn't collapse. Akaashi was seated on the bench chugging from his water bottle.

Everyone was called into a ring, discussing what they could improve on and what they did well. They chatted about tactics and other things. Bokuto couldn't contain himself, blurting out random things ever so often.

Everyone split up once the coach had finished, packing up some of their things. Bokuto had begged Akaashi to stay a bit longer to practice his spikes and so Akaashi obeyed. The two promised the coach they would have everything packed up by the end. The coach nodded as the two bowed and thanked him in unison.

The two got into their usual positions, Akaashi beside the net while Bokuto was further back because he needed space to spike.

Akaashi threw the ball up in the air, waiting for it to come down. Once it was close enough, the tips of his fingers glided on the ball, setting it up to Bokuto. Bokuto took a leap, pulling his right arm back in the bow and arrow position. Once it was perfectly placed in from of him, he hit it over the net, crashing into the ground, doing a perfect diagonal spike. But you know how stupid he can be, and so he ended up landing right in the net. Akaashi's hand hovered over his mouth as he suppressed a laugh, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Hey, I wasn't paying attention ok!" Bokuto claimed grumpily as Akaashi couldn't contain himself. He squatted down in laughter, releasing his beautiful laugh which filled every corner throughout the whole room. Bokuto couldn't contain himself either, smiling along with a chuckle at the truly adorable sight in front of him. Bokuto decided to do something.