[ nineteen ]

"hm?"

"look," you whined, shoving your phone in your boyfriend's face.

the twitter post you were showing him was most likely crafted by a fan who supports both bangtan and you. they gathered the instances when you and yoongi seemed to portray couple-like traits, which included similar habits and the recent airport interaction.

catching onto yoongi's habits is inevitable when you are dating the man himself. he pouts when he talks, lacks a good posture and organises everything, among many others. it was no surprise that you slowly began becoming more like him and vice versa.

"i think it's cute," yoongi shrugged, going back to drinking his can of coke.

"aw," you cooed before snapping out of it and expressing what you were truly concerned about, "i mean, no! this post garnered over two hundred thousand likes and even more comments, yoonie. just read through them."

you allowed yoongi some time to process the comments left under the post.

"oh," he finally said, lips jutting out in uncertainty.

"they're close to figuring it all out, yoonie," you pursed your lips, "but i'd rather spill about our relationship before they can ask management for an official response."

"you're saying," yoongi paused, "you want our relationship to go public."

"it's bad publicity either way but if we raise the matter first, at least your fans and my subscribers know that we trust them enough with this matter," you defended, "if we simply confirm their concerns through a management letter, we would be just like every other kpop couple, who get shamed all the time."

"i don't know, y/n," yoongi shook his head, shifting in his position in discomfort. he definitely did not want to talk about this now.

"let's leave this discussion for another day, yeah?" he suggested, patting your head like he would a pet.

it had always been an uncommon topic for conversations, one that was only brought up in all seriousness or just jokingly. you both knew that with going public, it meant receiving backlash from thousands, if not millions. but as time went by and fans carried on with their investigations, you and yoongi also found yourselves having dissimilar opinions.

"i'd rather we lay low for now," he once mentioned.

you considered his feelings, understood that he wanted to unaffectedly continue making music with his group and maintain his relationship with you at the same time.

he was right. this was a discussion for another day.

you took a deep breath, "let's go pack for tomorrow, hm?"

"i'm sorry," yoongi abruptly apologises, wrapping his arms around your waist from behind, "i know how tiring and nerve-wracking this whole dating thing can be but please just wait a little? i'll find a way around this."

you turned around, correcting his sentence, "we."

yoongi grinned, pressing his forehead against yours, "we'll find a way around this. together."

a/n ;

the title may be boxers but it's obv not gonna be entirely about boxers lmao