[ one ]

"we've been dating for two years, wendy," you groaned, pressing the power button of your phone to admire your lockscreen: the picture you took with yoongi on the day he asked you to be his girlfriend.

wendy bent down to sip on her milkshake, "....and?"

"two fucking years," you raised your voice, catching the attentions of every other customer in the café.

"geez, woman, what are you implying?" wendy asked in a hushed tone, scrunching her face up in utter annoyance.

you huffed, pushing yourself into your seat, "what i mean is, yoongi never tries to boost our relationship. all i've been getting are good morning and goodnight messages with colourful heart emojis, which are absolutely adorable but i want more than just that! i want warm cuddles and passionate kisses!" you hiss, "i've given him tons of hints but he never gets me, you know?"

wendy nodded, "some guys just struggle to understand, yes, but his oblivion could also be due to the fact that you've never once agreed to anything he's offered — a date at lotte world? help with cooking? a hand in washing the dishes? you straight up said no to everything, you fool!"

"my reasons for rejecting him were valid," you defended yourself, recalling the times he came forward with his ideas, "dating out in public would've been a huge hassle for him, a globally recognised idol and myself, a hotshot in the youtube industry. masks wouldn't have reduced our chances of getting caught and articles would've introduced a new scandal that would threaten our jobs! i couldn't let that happen, not when he's finally reached his dream of making music and i've hit a milestone on my channel."

"yoongi planned to buy out the entire amusement park for the day," wendy butted in, crossing her arms in disappointment.

"w-what," you perked up, "that's- that's so sweet of him."

you reasoned, "then what about the day i was cooking? i didn't let him help because i was gonna deep fry nuggets and you know how violently oil splatters."

wendy took your hand in hers with pursed lips, "you were sick then, y/n. he wasn't gonna leave you eating grease when he perfectly knows how to cook porridge." she shook her head and continued, "yoongi wanted to wash the dishes that night because you had paper cuts all over your hands from the 'folding a thousand paper cranes' challenge you did for your youtube channel."

you sulk, slouching in your seat, "why doesn't anyone tell me anything?! like, seriously, if i'd known he was gonna do all those things with proper intentions then i wouldn't have been so apprehensive about all that!"

you knew you were afraid to take responsibility over what you were first angrily spluttering about and wendy understood, simply raising an eyebrow at you while tapping a foot on the ground.

"since when did you become so mature, huh?" you asked, attempting to switch up the topic. "two years ago, you were still going around, acting high as fuck and getting drunk off air and water."

wendy sighed, rolling her eyes, "i grew up, y/n. did you?"

a/n ;

ITS BEEN TWO YEARS HOLY SHIT

also,, if you're reading this bc you think it's abt boxing then i'm sorry you've got the wrong fic :/