[ sixteen ]

you were dressed in the most casual airport wear (in your opinion) as you fetched a cap and a mask to hide your features. upon stepping out of your house, you froze and retreated into your homely abode.

"would it be less suspicious if i brought a luggage?" you asked yourself, "yes, yes it would." after replying yourself, you dug through your storeroom for a luggage and zoomed out the house at the speed of lightning.

you were going to the airport to surprise yoongi much like he surprised you with his early flight. but you knew there were going to be a bunch of fans waiting for him just as enthusiastically as you were, so you made sure to cover up as much as you could so as to not get caught.

just as you entered your car, you screamed.

on the front passenger seat sat wendy, with her arms and legs gracefully crossed.

"what the fuck, wendy," you shrieked, dumping the empty luggage in the trunk and slotting yourself into the driver's seat.

your best friend shrugged, "i knew you were gonna find yoongi at the airport but i also know that you're gonna fail so badly if i don't help you, so i'm here."

"no, i expected that," you shook your head, "but you in my car? what the fuck? i'm pretty sure i locked it last night!"

wendy's mouth falls agape before she bursts into grins and giggles, "it's a secret!"

yoongi waited by the arrival gate. his fans were raging and screaming his name while they swung their cameras over each other's heads. he knew you were going to attempt "surprising" him so he intentionally paused his movements just so he could see you before his manager drove him back to the bangtan dorms.

when he first spotted you, his eyes glistened with love and joy. the sight of you in your airport attire, dragging along a luggage that you carried way too easily. he immediately knew you were posing as a passenger.

you beamed when you made eye contact with your boyfriend. your cheeks lifted and reddened behind the mask to show your excitement. as soon as you began walking in his direction, yoongi exited the barricaded area towards you.

it felt like a scene out of a movie, when the couple run into each other's arms after not meeting in so long. but the feeling was short lived when all his fans started gathering between you and him.

you sighed and continued trudging in the opposite direction, until a finger tapped your shoulder.

it was yoongi. he had a necklace in his palm, one that you'd never seen before. "excuse me- you dropped this." he threw a subtle wink at you and you immediately played along, showing your utter gratitude as he dropped it in your own hand before walking off.

you couldn't help but wonder what made him get the necklace for you while he was in new york.

a/n ;

ilyyy pls stay safe and don't go outside!