[ twenty four ]

you pranced around your room, pulling at the drawstrings of your hoodie in anxiety.

"what if- what if someone figures it out?" you quietly shriek to yourself. you immediately clasp your lips shut and softly smack your cheeks.

your phone buzzes, startling you out of your trance. as you reach out for your phone, even more pings and buzzes crash over one another, causing your phone to vibrate just as quick a pace as your rapidly beating heart.

yoongi's message comes in view first — something about being seated in first class on a nearly empty plane and wanting you to wish him a safe flight.

the other messages, however, were twitter notifications that seem to imply the worst case scenario for the both of you.

you reluctantly open the latest notification and brace yourself for your impending doom, and there it is: a retweet of a thread full of links, moments and pictures that insinuated your apparently scandalous relationship.

"why i think y/n and yoongi are dating, with proof," the title reads, paired with a terribly edited picture of you and yoongi side by side.

you know that despite all your efforts to hide your relationship, there are always loopholes for crazy fans to exploit — one of which is bribing insiders, while another popular method is stalking.

"before i get into the photographic evidence," the next post says, "i have some receipts from staff members who work closely with our dear yoongi."

"according to them, yoongi has a girlfriend who works in media and entertainment. they also add that this girlfriend of his can even be considered a celebrity with how well known she is."

"and i know, i shouldn't assume but they're truly asking for it," the following post reads, "if they wanted to, they could've done more to hide their relationship but with how much they've left unconcealed, it's almost as though they did it on purpose!"

each picture and video is accompanied by an elaborate caption that clearly states the context behind each moment.

photos of you holding his hand in the company building and just outside the entrance, matching clothing and unbelievably coincidental meetups at random locations.

the one picture that surprised you the most is a zoom in of your eye, which perfectly captures the silhouette of yoongi. on that particular day, he had posted a selfie of himself on twitter, which likely gave the exposer support.

when each of you were asked about your ideal types in separate interviews, you both replied with detailed observations of each other.

this is it, you tell yourself, this is how it all ends.

a/n ;

ah it's been over a year since the last chpt...
sry for the extreme delay!