Chapter Nineteen

AN: Finally reached 1k readers!!! :)

Lauren~

About almost a month ago, my friends and I all graduated with honors. To graduate with honors, we all needed to have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Jamie was was able to graduate being 4th in our class while Winter was 5th. 

My dad flew in from Spain and some of my god parents were present to see me almost trip/walk across the stage. My dad decided to move back to the U.S. once he accepted a job in Texas working for the government. 

He ended up meeting Camden for the first time face to face. My dad has met him through video chat and immediately liked him.

Once he got past the threatening him if he hurts me bit, he eventually warmed up to Camden and started to bond before he flew back home to Spain. 

I have kept tabs on my friends but have not been able to hang out with them as much as I wanted to. I started a new job so I could save up some money. Camden and Jamie kept bust as well. 

Their days consisted of mainly working out in the gym. Camden was swimming laps in the pool,  while Jamie was taking out the time and doing drills on the soccer field. 

Mom finally finished her book tour and was back home permanently working on yet another book.  She has been trying to spend as much time as she can before I start college. Being two hours away from home seemed like the best option since it was close enough to visit home often but far enough. 

For the past few days, I began the process of starting to slowly back up my room since I have a lot of stuff that's coming with me. 

I am sitting on the floor packing up my knick nacks and decorations that I wanted to take with me. I stopped once my mom knocked on my door, "Jamie is here, she's on her way up." 

She leaves once Jamie plops on my bed like usual and gives me her daily gossip on what has happened since we left school. 

Apparently Beverly ended up getting back with Sam and chose to go into the marines in August. Sam got arrested for drugs possession and is currently on trial. Other than that, everyone else was on the college track, hanging out with each other as much as we could. 

Jamie puts her phone down and sits across from me helping me sort out my various stuff that was scattered on the floor. "Looks like you could use a break."

I nod putting the top on the storage bin. "I have so much shit it's crazy, I think I might be becoming a hoarder."

She laughs, "I mean..." 

I lightly slap her arm laughing with her. 

~~~

Camden

August...

5:45 am

Beep 

Beep 

Beep 

My alarm on my phone was blaring, waking me up to get up for the day. This morning I was helping Lauren move into school to day. I promised I would help since I wouldn't be able to see her for a few weeks with the amount of time I would have left between freshman orientation and team bonding. 

I quickly got dressed for the day in jeans and a sweatshirt since it was unnormally chilly today. Grabbing my keys, wallet, phone, and sneakers, I made my way to my car to drive to Lauren's house. 

It was 6:30 am once I reached Lauren's house. Lauren decided to check in early for move in day to hopefully avoid people.

I park in front of Lauren's drive way before knocking on her door. I chug my coffee as I wait for  the door opens revealing my girlfriend. Her hair was in a messy bun and was wearing jeans and one of my UVA tshirts. 

"Morning," she says yawning before opening the door widely. I engulf her into a big hug before letting go of her. 

"Ready to move in today?" I say stepping inside her house and start to look to see if there is more coffee in the kitchen. 

"Maybe, just to warn you I have a lot of shit." She replies as she takes my travel mug from me and fills it with coffee for me. 

"I'm not surprised, I see how you pack for meets and practices." All she does is roll her eyes at me before giving me a smile. 

"Good morning Camden," her mom comes down greeting me. She was dressed similarly to Lauren. 

"Good morning, Ms. Freeman." I say as she grabs a few water bottles from the fridge for us. 

"When are you moving out?"

"In a less than a week."

"Well enjoy the last few days." She turns to Lauren, "You ready to leave?"

Lauren nods her head and I help her bring the storage bins down from her room to the downstairs. 

Lauren, her mom, and I started the two hour drive after we finished up her stuff in her's and her mom's car. Lauren's mom was driving while her mom was following behind us. 

 I helped her lug all of her stuff inside her building and once we brought all her stuff in I lay down on her unmade bed. She lays down next to me just as exhausted as me and looks up at the ceiling. 

"You okay?" I look over at her wondering why she was so quiet. 

Yeah, just nervous to be away from everything."

I move to kiss her forehead, "If you need anything, I'll be only an hour away."

"I know," she reaches down to hold my hand and squeezes it gently.

"This is just the beginning."

A/N:

Thank you for reading and making it to the end of the book! I have to finish the epilogue and that's it. I am working on editing on another story that I had to unpublish due to me procrastinating and writer's block. 

Anyways, I hope you liked it! As always, I'm sorry about any missed typos.

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote...no pressure.

Please stay safe and with Corona!! 🤢🥺

If you are protesting please also be safe and make sure to sign petitions or donate to BLM!!

-Taylor