Chapter Eight

December 

I roll over in my bed half awake and pry Camden's strong arms from around me. I love the boy but he gives off too much body heat. I assume that he has been awake since he pulls me back into him. "Stop moving, I'm trying to cuddle." He mutters in my ear sleepily.

"Maybe next time hot breath." I say with a smile turning my head to look back at him.

"Oh wow, you think you got jokes?" Camden shakes his head and rolls onto his back. We lay down in bed looking up at the ceiling in a comfortable silence until he speaks. "Hey Laur?"

"Hey Cam?" 

"Every time I look at you, I always think that you're so fucking beautiful." I raise an eyebrow at him curiously at his words. "You're being sweet, sometimes you're not this nice." I say jokingly.

"I just thought wanted to say that with moments like this," he says slowly and reaches down to grab my hand. "I realize that I'm in love with you right now and don't want anyone else."

I sit up and move to straddle his lap, looking deeply into his grey eyes. I feel his hands move to my waist, holding me gently. "I'm in love with you too." I whisper softly and pull him in closer to me. 

"Don't break my heart." He says to me once again.

"Don't break mine." I reply.

~~~~

I walk to my locker while listening to H.E.R. and grab my chemistry textbook. I feel strong and muscled arms wrap around my waist, I can't help but blush already knowing it's Camden. I turn around and smile widely at him. "Good morning."

"Good morning beautiful." He hands me a latte causing me to smile even more than I already was.

"Wait, what is this for? Did you break my spare goggles I gave you or something?" I take a sip of the oreo latte. "No, not going to lie I almost did. But, I wanted to say I really enjoyed last weekend and hope we can do that again." He says grabbing my walk as we start to walk towards my chemistry class.

"I would love to." I squeeze his hand giving his soft lips a small kiss. "I'll see you in class later."

Camden gives me another goodbye kiss and speed walks to his class since it is on the other side of campus.

I sit in my sit near the window and when the bell for class to start Mr. Rivera begins to pass out lab sheets after taking attendance. I must've missed the memo to skip class since the girls aren't in class today. 

"With your partner, do these sets of chemical equations. This will be your lab for today, and as for you today Lauren, you have a new lab partner. His name is Sam."

"Who is Sam?" I ask my Chemistry teacher Mr. Rivera, and in comes in a tall cute guy with blond hair and light brown eyes. "That would be me. Sorry I am late Mr. Rivera, I got lost."

"It's okay, just take a seat next to Lauren." Mr. Rivera points to the empty seat next to me and Sam places his bag on the floor. "Hey, I'm Sam." He looks over at me and gives me his hand for me to shake. I couldn't help but notice that he has a British accent.

I shake his hand and give him a polite smile. "Hi, I'm Lauren."

"So do you want to do this together, or divide and conquer."

"Can we do it together? I am horrible at this, not going to lie to you." I say smiling sheepishly. He nods his head and we work on the equations together. Let's just say that Chemistry will not be my major in college. For the rest of the hour I was dreading the bell for lunch, when it did eventually go off, I pack up my backpack before saying goodbye to Sam.

~~~

Mom: Good morning, I just wanted to let you know that I will be home in the next few weeks after New Years. 

Me: Okay! I can't wait to see you! :)

"Ooooh, who is that?" Jamie asks, looking over at my phone at the lunch table. 

"It's just mom. She's going to come home soon." Jamie winks at me and looks over at Camden's table with his friends. "Does she know?"

"Of course not, I don't want to scare her. Plus you know how she is, she would probably try to stalk him on social media." I shrug and take a bite of my cookie. 

"Does he know that you haven't told her?"

"Nah, I just didn't want to make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Last time I brought a guy home, he nearly pissed his pants. I know that Camden would be fine, it just is nerve wracking since he was a 'player.'"

Jamie only nods as if she knows I want to say something else. "And I know it could make things serious between us. Anthony fucked me up, I'm not sure yet." I bite my lip and glance back over at his table. 

Camden laughs at what his friend says and looks my way. He gives me a huge grin and waves. I wave back with a small smile. 

"I'll give it another week." I say. 

A/N:

Hope you liked it! Just wanted to add a short filler chapter while I take care of my midterms. :( Sorry about any missed typos.

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote...no pressure.

-Taylor