Chapter Four

Lauren~

We had fifteen minutes left in practice which meant that we would either be working on diving or doing practice relays. Today he chose that it was relays, and luckily for me I had people I liked on my team. The relay team chose to have me as anchor, the last person, no pressure or anything. I look over at the other teams and spot Camden next to me as anchor as well.

He walks over to me not taking his eyes off of me and asks. "How about we make a deal?"

"Hmm okay. What did you have in mind?"

"If my relay team and I win against yours, you have to give me your number."

"Sure, why not? You must really want my number." I laugh.

"You have no idea." he says biting his lip and walking back to his team.

Coach Stewart blows his whistle and the whistle and the swimmers dive off the block. Anna and Macy are done with their 50 and I watch as Hailey dives into the water. I stand on the block and get in position waiting for her to flip turn at the end of her 25 free and when she is halfway I place my goggles on. I look over to see Camden standing at his block. He gives me a smile and I dive in the water starting to sprint once Hailey reaches the wall.

Camden~

Watching her swim blew me away and showed how dedicated she was. I should be in the water by now but the guy in the water is out of breath and barely makes it to the wall before I dive in. I struggle to keep up with her and when I do, I know it's neck and neck between us. I keep my focus by not taking a breath the rest of the way and touch the wall to finish.

Lauren is already looking at me with her goggles off her face showing me her beautiful brown eyes. Her swim cap is off with her curls streaming down her back. I shake her hand to show me being sportsmanlike and say, "So I guess you won."

"It was a tie. Not too bad Roschel, not too bad at all." she replies and gets out of the pool walking to the locker room. I get out of the water myself after I catch my breath and high five the guys saying that they were impressed with me.

After I change into some joggers and a sweater, I make my way out of the rec center, but I am stopped by a cluster of girls walking with Lauren. Her curly hair is let down and is in an Oceanside High School swim and dive hoodie, a pair of leggings, and black nikes to match. Even just out of practice she looks amazing.

She stops her conversation with them and walks past me. "Close your mouth, you don't want flies coming in." She smirks at me and walks away to the parking lot to leave. She looks just as good from behind.

"Don't worry I don't mind. You're worth it." I yell out jokingly. She only replies with giving me the finger.

~~~

I lean and listen to Beverly rant about some stupid shit that and look at Lauren and her friends standing at her locker while she's talking to them. She is wearing a crop top and sweatpants unlike Beverly who is wearing a sundress trying to push her breasts in my face. Her purple dyed hair is in a messy bun and looks natural compared to Beverly who caked her face in make up.

I am pulled out of my thoughts when the blonde Beverly is in front of me snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Hello?! Are you even listening to me?!"

I nodded my head in response and get caught looking at Lauren when she is being told I'm staring. Lauren's facial expression from a nervous smile at me to a glare since Beverly kisses me. I pull away and walk away from her.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"I just wanted to kiss you baby." Beverly pouts at me.

"Well, don't." I say and look back at over Lauren. Beverly grabs my face and forces me to look at her. "You're not giving me attention because of HER?!" she exclaims tightening her grip on my chin.

"What we did was a one time thing, get over it." I slap her hand away and make my way to my English class.

"You're going to regret this!" she yells out to me in the hallway.

~~~

Lauren~

I flop on the couch and pick You on netflix to watch with the girls. Tonight we are having a sleepover since this is our first weekend where we are all free from sports and homework.

"You know Jax is throwing a party tonight. We should go." Jamie says. She is currently laying her head on my lap.

"Ooooh, we should. We haven't gotten wasted in awhile." Winter says.

"Lauren pleaseeeee....Camden might be there." Jamie looks up at me. Suddenly Annika and Winter are sitting in front of me begging to have me go with them. I sigh knowing that I am going to regret this. "Fine."

I turn off the tv and get a message from an unknown number stopping me from getting ready.

Camden: please tell me you are going to the party tonight.

P.s. I stole your number from the team

Me: yeah, I am going. I'll see you around then.

Camden: you sure will little fish.

Me: little fish?

Camden: of course...you swim like you're a fish and you're short sooo...little fish.

Me: whatever, see you tonight.

Once I reach my room upstairs the girls toss me my yellow lace teddy and light blue skinny jeans. I reluctantly put the outfit on and put on my light pink vans. I decided to leave my curls out since it's manageable and put on light golden eyeshadow with eyeliner to keep it simple. When everyone is finished getting ready we leave the house and into my car with them blasting music.

Jax's house is a half an hour away from my house and to say his house is huge would be an understatement. I park the car a good distance from the party and we walk up the long circle driveway. It is barely eleven and beer cups are sprung around the yard. When we walked in the smell of weed and vape flavors knocked me straight in the face.

We all make our way to the kitchen and I grab a bottle of water making sure it's a new one. Tonight is my turn of being the DD. I feel a nudge at my side and see Camden looking down at me. "You clean up nice."

"You don't look too bad yourself." I reply checking him out. He is in a hoodie with the vans logo on it, dark jeans, and tims.

"So do you want to dance with me?"

"What do I have to lose?" I ask jokingly and he grabs my hand leading me to the living room. The room is pitch black with strobe lights on flashing different colors with christmas lights hanging around.

Mo Bamba by Sheck Wes is blaring loudly and I sway my hips to the music with Camden's hands on my hips. He pulls me closer to him and we dance on each other to the rhythm. Camden turns me around to face him and I wrap my arms around his neck.

Suddenly the song changes to Dancing With a Stranger. I look at him and run my hand in his hair as he keeps me close. I caught him looking at my lips and I bite mine nervously. He leans down to kiss me, his soft lips barely touch mine before I feel like I am pulled away from him.

"Jamie ate a whole weed brownie!" Annika says.

"Oh shit, okay I'll take her home." I look back at Camden and kiss his cheek. "Sorry, she can get drug tested soon and I don't want to raise suspicion."

He nods his head and smiles as I leave the dance floor.

A/N:

Hope you liked it! Sorry about any missed typos.

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote...no pressure

-Taylor