Chapter Fourteen

Lauren

I park my car in a parking space that is in front of one of the smaller beaches in town. There were a couple other beaches that only locals knew about so no one was here. Luckily this beach was empty and the chilly weather contributed to it. I always hated going to the boardwalk since so many tourists go there, no matter what time of the year.

I get out locking the car behind me and take off my vans, letting my feet sink into the surprisingly warm sand. I decided to come out here wanting to think because I heard Beverley and Sam have a talk about their plan against me and what they did to Camden.

A few hours ago...

It's been a few weeks since I have seen or heard from Camden. I haven't even seen him at practice either, not like I cared or anything. Okay maybe a little bit. 

Jax told Jamie that he now practices at a pool closer to him and changed his work out schedules around mine. He apparently goes to all of his classes besides chemistry, the only one we have together. Camden is clearly avoiding me or giving me space since now the boys team is having separate meetings instead of joint meetings like we used to. 

Once the dismissal bell rang, I drove to the rec center for afternoon practice. After changing into a random suit I grab my cap, goggles, and my water bottle to go start my warm ups. I see Beverley still having on that ugly ass smirk she keeps having on her face. 

Practice was boring like it has been for the past few practices. Camden used to be the lane leader and swim in the lane with me which now feels empty without him. Almost everyone had their own lane due to the amount of swimmers going to the state championships, but I was swimming alone.  

Time went by super slow, probably because I chose to swim longer distances to keep my mind together and try to process everything. That and I get to avoid the sad looks the team has been giving me ever since they found out about Camden and I. I lost track of time and ended up being the last person in the pool.

No one was in the locker room so I took my time rinsing off and washing my hair before putting on some sweats. I hear quiet voices the closer I get to the exit of the locker room and stop once I recognize whose voices they are. 

"Sam you idiot! I told you that once Camden starting hitting on me that I would pay you for the molly."

"Bitch, that's not what we agreed on! I want my money, and I want my money now." All of the sudden I heard a loud slap and winced at the sound. Sam breaks the silence when muttering a sorry.  

"It's not working," Beverley says whining. "I thought you said that he would've taken the bait by now."

"I just said that because I needed the money and wanted to get Lauren's attention. Maybe he just doesn't like you."

I decided that I heard enough and pushed the locker room door open. Both of them looked at me with complete and utter shock. Beverley gives me a shaky smile while I just have a frown on my face.

"Lauren I'm so sorry..." Beverley begins to say but I hold up my hand shutting her up. 

"I am fed up with you and your bullshit. One boyfriend wasn't enough for your hoe ass, so you decided to pick another. I am tired of your ass thinking that it's okay."

"Lauren I really am s-..." Beverley begins to say but I end up punching her in the face.

I didn't know that I hit her that hard, but she stumbled back, tripping over her swim bag, and face planted onto the floor. Sam began to open his mouth but I shook my head no and walked way from them. 

"Bitch..." I muttered. I normally didn't believe in violence but her behind wouldn't let shit go and just kept doing hurtful things regardless of the consequences. 

Which is how I ended up at the beach. I needed to clear my head and think about what happened. More importantly how was I going to try to get Camden back after I shut him out. Would he even want me back? Did I fuck things up between us? 

I decided to call him to explain everything but was immediately sent to voicemail. I sat out for a bit longer until I felt a raindrop and got inside my car. Luckily it didn't start to rain harder until I was inside my car. I opened up my gps because I forgot that I saved his address in his contact. 

I made my way to his house and rang his doorbell. Saying that I looked attractive was the understatement of the year. I was drenched head to toe from the rain as soon as I got out of the car. He opened the door, looking better than he did from the last time I saw him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me softly.

"I wanted to apologize, I should've given you a chance to explain. I overheard Sam and Beverley talking about what they did to you. I'm so sorry I let them cloud my judgement, I was hurt." I say sadly and avoid his eyes. 

He doesn't say anything for awhile, thinking that he didn't want to speak to me. I begin to walk along his driveway to where I was parked. Before I have the chance to open my car door I feel a hand on my arm pulling me into him.

"Did you really think I was going to let you walk away from me again?" He says having a small smile on his face. I smile back at him as he gently presses me against the car door, with his hands placed on my hips. 

"You seemed like you weren't going to say anything, so I was going to give you space."

"I could never want space from you again. These past few weeks have been hell without you." He presses his forehead against mine.

"I can tell with those bags under your eyes." I say jokingly.

"Don't push it little fish." He replies with the biggest grin on his face that I haven't seen before.  I feel his soft lips on mine, closing the distance in between us. As cheesy as it sounds, it felt like nothing else mattered in the world. He pulls away slightly, looking down at me. "I love you Lauren."

"I love you too Cam." I wrap my arms around his waist tightly, and in that moment I never wanted to let him go.

A/N:

Hope you liked it! As always, I'm sorry about any missed typos.

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote...no pressure.

Please stay safe with Corona!!🤢🥺

-Taylor