Chapter Three

Lauren~

Today is the day that finally happened. First day of swim season, and another opportunity to take my mind off of my dumb mistakes from Saturday night. Even though today is tryouts for newbies, returning swimmers were pretty much guaranteed back onto the team. After having chemistry class with the girls like usual we split up due to our different schedules.

I sit in my usual seat in my AP English class taking out our assigned book The Great Gatsby and my notes with annotations. Before I can check my messages from the group chat that's with the girls I feel a poke at my cheek.

"Hey." Anthony says looking me.

"Hey." I say awkwardly avoiding his gaze on me.

"Do you think I could copy..." Before he could finish his sentence is interrupted by a deep voice clearing their throat. I look up to see Camden glaring at him and when his stormy gray eyes meet my dark brown ones his gaze relaxes. He looks back at Anthony before saying, "You're in my seat."

"Your seat? Dude, this has been my seat since day one." Anthony says while puffing out his chest.

"I don't care get up." Camden says with annoyance.

"Whatever man." Anthony replies and gets up to sit at the front.

"You know I'm not a tree for you to piss on. And I'm definitely not your next conquest."

"I am hurt to know that's why you think of me already." He pouts looking at me and then turns his body in his chair. "So when are you going to let me take you out on a date?"

I roll my eyes and before I can say a response the our teacher Mrs. Jones walks into the class and begins her lecture for today. A note lands on my desk taking me away from the lecture and I open the piece of notebook paper.

So, how about a netflix and chill after school today?

I finish reading it and look over to see Camden looking at what Mrs. Jones is writing on the white board. As I write back a response and in the corner of my eye I can tell he is smirking at me.

I have tryouts for swimming today, so no...definitely not any other time either.

I pass back the note and manage to write what Mrs. Jones wrote on the board before she erases it.

At least let me get your number.

No. Gotta impress me, and so far you haven't.

Trust me I will.

I don't bother giving him a response and leave the class when the bell rings.

~~~~~

The girls and I are currently at Sushi King for lunch off campus and are playing Uno like we usually do when we go out. Much to my enjoyment Jamie is currently telling Winter and Annika about my mistake Saturday night.

"Dude what the hell were you thinking?!?!" Winter says and flicks my forehead.

"Trust me when we say this with love but you know better than to be sleeping with Anthony after what happened. Don't be a dumbass hoe." Jamie says.

"Doesn't mean you flick me! You know I'm sensitive." I exclaimed and rub my forehead gently.

"You told me to do that if you fell for it again." she replied putting down an Uno card.

"What our lovely best friend is trying to say is that we don't want you to be hurt again."

"I know, it was a moment of weakness." I say nervously as we continue the game.

"They happen, just be careful." Annika says smiling at me sympathetically. "Plus I can't blame her, have y'all not seen those abs?!" We all laugh as she shrugs her shoulders, "You know I'm right."

"I just hope she used protection." Winter says and now it is my turn to flick her on the forehead.

~~~~~~

I race to my locker and opened it after my AP Government class and placed whatever I needed into my backpack for my homework assignments. The only reason why I am racing out of here is because parking lot traffic is horrible, and I left my swim bag on my bed. I only have a little under 45 minutes to get to practice on time, which does not include time for me to change into my suit.

I begin to speed walk to my car since I parked in the far back since it was much easier for me to get to the exit of school. I get into my jeep and get into the exit lane behind a decent amount of cars. I play a random playlist on the way to my house.

Once I get home, I race upstairs for my bag and make my way to the rec center. Our school doesn't have an indoor pool so we usually have practice off campus. When I park my car and make my way into the women's locker room to change Beverly is already there smiling at whatever the other girls are talking about.

"There's a rumor that he might be trying out today." Macy says happily.

"God, he's so hot!" Anna says.

"Could you imagine him in a speedo too?!" Belle asks with her eyes wide.

"Who are you guys talking about?" I ask as I drop my bag on a bench and pick a random gym locker to place my clothes.

"Camden!" Beverly exclaims. "Oh my goodness he's probably here to spend more time with me."

I take off my clothes quickly and change into a floral training suit. I pick out everything I need to have on deck. "Well who knows, I'm sure whoever started it meant another team." I shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah I guess so." Beverly walks out to the pool deck.

"If anything Laur, I'm pretty sure he has his eyes on you." Hailey, one of my friends on the team who's a sophomore whispers to me. I laugh in response and we leave the locker room together.

When Beverly and I finish leading the warm ups for the girls team our coach tells the new swimmers about the process today. He tells them to introduce themselves to us with their name, year, and favorite event. A young male freshman who is next is interrupted by Camden strutting on the pool deck. "Sorry I'm late coach!"

"No worries." coach responds and Camden flashes a smile at me and all the girls are giggling and squealing like crazy. I can't help but notice Beverly giving me the side eye. After introductions are done and the returns go to our assigned lanes Camden gently grabs my wrist.

"Hey."

"Uh, hey. I'm surprised that you're here."

"I was planning on it anyway...but, I thought this could be another chance to get that number of yours."

"Gotta impress me first." I look up at his tall muscular frame before meeting his eyes. I could not deny that his abs look amazing in front of me. Camden in his swimming jammers looked pretty great on him.

"Watch me." He smiles at me and dives in the water. 

A/N:

Hope you liked it! Sorry about any missed typos.

Don't forget to like, comment, and vote...no pressure

-Taylor