Chapter One

Lauren~

I wake up to my alarm blaring loudly making me jump out of bed startled. I roll out of bed exhausted and walk to the bathroom rubbing my eyes. Starting my playlist I hop in the shower and wash my hair. After stepping out of the shower and wrapping my towel around my body. I tie my curly hair into a high ponytail and quickly put on mascara.

Going to the closet, I pick out a green cropped sweater top with high waisted light blue jeans adding my gold necklace. Finally I slip on my pink birkenstocks then grab my backpack and my phone after brushing my teeth.  

I walk to my car texting my best friend Jamie.

Me: Hey I'm on the way don't be late again.

Jamie: One time! One time Laur!

Me: See look you're already wasting time.

Before getting another a text notification from her again, I grab my mango smoothie from the fridge and unlock the doors of my beautiful grey Jeep. Jamie lives around a few minutes away from me and yes I do make her pay for gas money sometimes. I'm broke what do you expect?

As soon as I park the car in front of her driveway she's rushing towards the car. Jamie has been my best friend since we our first day of high school. She is my biggest cheerleader and vice versa. She has light brown hair that reaches down to her waist.

Her bright green eyes always shine with happiness even if it is a Monday. She is practically a model with her high height at 5'10. She always says that since she's so pale she burns easily which is why she doesn't always go to the beach with me. Jamie is super athletic like me which is why we get along together. She is wearing her favorite UCLA soccer sweatshirt, which is her dream school, and leggings and vans.

She finally catches her breath and takes a giant gulp of my smoothie.

"Hey! I was drinking that, what the hell?!"

Jamie shoots me an innocent smile as I put the car in drive. "You'll be alright. I can't believe that we're seniors this year."

"Thank God because I am ready to graduate."

"Live a little Lauren. But anyway, did you hear about the new hot guy?"

"No I was too busy working." I say as I drive out of her neighborhood and take the long way to school since we have time.

"Oh well you missed out then. He looks so much better than Anthony."

"Well that's good I guess. Probably a fuck boy, not all good looking guys have a great personality." I say trying to get the mental image of my ex out of my head.

"I mean, you're not wrong." she says mumbling, thinking I wouldn't hear what she said.

"What do you mean?"

"When he was here for just a week and he hooked up with two girls. He apparently never called them back."

I roll my eyes and focus on the road. "He can't be that big of a deal."

"That's true. At least you started talking to other guys after the whole Anthony situation."

Long story short with my most recent ex was that he was secretly hooking up with Beverly, my swim team co-captain who has a long term boyfriend. I only speak to her unless it is absolutely necessary. I am also close to her boyfriend which makes it even more awkward. Everyone knows about the drama but he refuses to believe it.

"Yeah that's true." I say as while parking my car in my usual space. We both get out of the car, locking it behind me before walking in school. I opened my locker and she leans her locker, which happens to be next to mine.