Chapter 10. | girls v. boys i.

Start from the beginning

"That would be great." I responded before sitting down in front of her. She put my hair into two space buns in no time. "Right on time." I smiled as I heard a honk outside the bedroom window.

"Thanks, San. Feel free to stay if you'd like. I'll call you when I get back. See you later!" I smiled as I placed a kiss on her cheek before grabbing my phone and my purse before exiting my bedroom. I said goodbye to my family before leaving the house.

Finn pulled up in front of my house with his pickup truck. "Hey." I smiled as I climbed into the passenger's seat. "You ready to go?" He asked. "Yup, let's go." I smiled before he pulled out of my driveway.

***

We pulled up in front of Breadstix since that's where we decided to go for dinner. I've never eaten here before so, I was also excited about eating at the restaurant. Finn opened the passenger's door as soon as he climbed out of the truck.

"Thanks." I smiled before we entered Breadstix. "Table for two." Finn told the hostess. "Follow me." The older man said politely as he grabbed two menus.

We followed him to this booth that was pretty far back in the restaurant. "Your waiter will be with you shortly." The hostess informed us.

"Thank you." I said politely as both Finn and I sat down at our table. He then returned to his stand that was placed at the front of the restaurant. "So, what are you getting?" Finn asked as he opened up his menu. "Probably the chicken Alfredo." I replied as I scanned the menu.

After we ordered our meals and drinks, our waiter collected our menus and that's when we could really start talking. "I seriously like you. I don't think I've liked another the way I like you." Finn said abruptly. "I like you too Finn. Seriously." I smiled.

"I'm glad you said that. This may be too soon since this is our first date but, would you like to be my girlfriend." Finn smiled as he pulled out a rose from out of his pocket.

"I'm going to be blunt for a moment. I really want to be your girlfriend but, I don't think I can trust you. You cheated on Rachel with me. Who's to say that you won't cheat on me with Quinn?" I asked.

"I would never cheat on you, Jennie." Finn said and I raised an eyebrow. "You better not or there will be problems. But, until then, I would love to be your girlfriend." I told him seriously as I accepted the rose.

"Great. It would've been very awkward if you would have said no." Finn laughed awkwardly as our food arrived.

***

"All right, guys, let's get down to business. First, let's welcome back Noah Puckerman. Puck, I hope your time in juvie has taught you a lesson or two about right and wrong." Mr. Shue smiled.

"Are you kidding me? I ruled that place. All I did was crack skulls and lift weights all day." Noah responded. "Wow, what a catch. Can't believe I ever let you go." Quinn said sarcastically.

"And now, drum roll, Finn. Because I have in my hand our competition for Sectionals next month." Mr. Shue announced before Finn drummed on his texts books.

"First, the a capella choir from the all-boys private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers." Mr. Shue read off of the sheet of paper.