The Restart

A few weeks later: 

I was sitting in my room in a shared apartment in Marburg and was planning to move out because I had successfully passed my high school diploma. While I was thinking about it, the doorbell rang, since I hadn't invited anyone, I wondered as I opened the door whether one of my roommates had forgotten his key. I was amazed when I opened the door. "Hey Alexa, that's a surprise," I greeted her. She fell joyfully around my neck. "Seth and Dean said it would be a good idea if someone personally congratulated you on your passed high school and since they know about us, they thought you would be happy if I visited you." Alexa replied. How could the two have known that I and Alexa were together, but no matter how glad I was that Alexa had come because I had been missing her ever since I went back to Marburg for my specialty. We kept writing and talking on the phone, but that was of course not enough. "Great, then you can help me pack my boxes for the USA so that I can fly back with you.", I said to Alexa. "And afterwards we can eat something if you are hungry. By the way, I'm going to my parents again tomorrow, come with me so that I can introduce you to my parents. "After dinner, we made ourselves comfortable in front of the television." Are you staying overnight? "I asked Alexa" Sure darling , then we can start earlier tomorrow. Hopefully your parents like me. ", Said Alexa" Don't worry about it, they won't tear your head off, besides I'm still there too. ", I replied. The next day we took the train around 10 am to Frankfurt, from there we took the train to Mannheim and then to Landstuhl, where we should be picked up by my mother, everything went according to plan, there were no train delays or cancellations. "Do you really like dogs?" I asked Alexa. "Yeah, I had one when I was a kid. "Why do you ask?" She asked me. "Because we have a dog," I explained.