Chapter Thirty Three

may 2020:

hi guys! i just wanted to clear something up:

NO u are NOT going crazy (i promise), i DID in fact edit the last few chapters so i changed a lotttttt.

before i edited it (in case you didn't know) kyros accepted the mate bond and developed a cute/silly persona

after reading that, i realised someone cant change that fast in a matter of days, even wolves.

(i'm talking about chapter 28+ btw)

so i edited it to what it is now.

rmbr i wrote this book at the beginning of freshman year (a lil bit before even) and now it's nearly the end of the school year, so i learnt a lot.

kyros accepted the mate bond way too fast, which ruined his character development. i needed to slow it down; give him time.

sorrry for the misunderstanding :/

i know a lot of u preferred the original one, and so did i 8 months ago, but now i like how i wrote it, and i prefer it this way. kyros is notorious for his one word answers and angry persona, i cant just take that away in a matter of two chapters.

thanks for reading and again i apologize for the confusion ! :)

august 23: not gonna write a long paragraph explaining my absence bcs honestly i have no excuse. im truly sorry but im really hoping to complete the book now! enjoy this chapter! :)

----------------

REMINDER:

KYROS + TALIA = MATES

TALIA IS A CELESTIAL (DESCENDANT OF THE MOON GODDESS) WHOSE CURRENT POWER IS TO DESTROY

KYROS IS A CURSED BEING WHO IS IMMORTAL

NICOS IS TALIAS NON BIOLOGICAL BROTHER 

ADONIS IS KYROS's BFF + THE ALPHA OF THE NORTH

Talia

DESPITE ADONIS'S CONSTANT worried glances pointed at me, I knew I was making the right decision.

Kyros and I had a rocky relationship (what an understatement). My first approach towards his cold demeanour, in the beginning, was to stay by his side, help him, love him, and provide the warmth in his life that he perhaps missed. And now, I wasn't so sure I made the right decision.

Because no matter how much I came closer to him, he'd put up another one of his walls and avoid me like the plague. 

All this time I hadn't known why he was like this; when I had discovered that his father was the source of his lack of warmth, it started to make sense to me. Kyros was a product of a broken childhood; his mother died when he was young, his father abandoned him, and he was born with a curse that made him immortal.

I knew Kyros felt unworthy, insecure, and even insignificant; he felt as if the whole world was against him.

Maybe if I gave him time to adjust to the mate bond, he'd understand that he was worthy of love and that he did deserve a mate. I couldn't force him to love himself, he had to figure things out by himself.

Meanwhile, I could train and unlock my other powers. Who knew? Maybe this break would help the both of us.

I had my head leaned against the car window, pretending to sleep. Sleep wouldn't come and I knew it would be like this for many nights. I could already feel the bond between my wolf and I slipping. The mark on my neck began to tingle and uncomfortable feeling in my stomach arose. I peeled my eyes open to look at the mark on my neck though the rearview mirror; it was bleeding.

We were a few meters from Adonis's pack, on the brink of arriving and unsettling feeling made me feel like I was about to vomit. 

When we drove past the borders of the pack, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I didn't know when I was to return back to the West, but I knew it would be a long time.

4 MONTHS LATER 

Nicos grinned as he blocked my punches, effortlessly.

"You're no match for me, baby!" Nicos laughed, dodging another one of my very, very powerful kicks.

I snarled at him, leaning in closer and going for a side punch but then aiming straight towards his face. Yet he was still able to block it.

I grinned, realising  how I could beat him. In a matter of seconds, a beam of light surrounded Nicos as he fell to the ground. Red marks covered his arms caused by the impact of his fall.

Nicos groaned in pain, "You're not allowed to use your powers in training, thats cheating."

I laughed, "You're just jealous."

"When my powers kick in, you'll be jealous."

"But, seriously, your powers are crazy good now. I have a fuck ton to catch up to."

I smiled, realising, that my powers have in fact significantly magnified. The past few months have served me well. I gained a total of four kilograms and 2 inches in height.

Adonis and his pack had treated me well despite me not being an official pack member. I've been able to train successfully 7 days a week, 5 hours a day. Aside from that I've been studying at the local college for my nursing degree. Not to mention the fact that my cooking is the absolute bomb and Nicos refuses to eat from anyone else but me.

Despite all my accomplishes and how well I was doing and how much I was thriving on my own, there was an emptiness inside my chest that refused to go away. I often ignored it, but it always had a way of creeping up on me.

I always thought about going back, but I couldn't. Why was it always me fighting for us? For once, I wanted it to be him. Besides, he had more to think about than us. He needed to figure things out for himself. And so did I.

Was he sleeping well? I wondered. He had a habit of skipping sleep to work.

Nope - no. Me time, remember?

My train of thoughts was interrupted by Nicos. "Talia, you coming tomorrow?"

I turned my head towards him, "What's tomorrow?"

"Adonis's birthday, silly. He only mentioned it like 700 times."

Ohh. That.

"Town hall, right?" I asked.

"No, actually it's outside the pack. City center or something."

"Isn't that in the forest?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know. I have class."

"You have class at 9:30 pm?" Nicos raised a brow, calling my bullshit.

He knew why I was avoiding this. It wasn't just Adonis's birthday party.

Where Adonis went, meant Kyros followed.

I wasn't ready to see him just yet.

"Talia its been, like, six months," Nicos deadpanned.

"Four," I rolled my eyes.

"I don't get it. You're mates. I mean the guys I work with have a baby six months after meeting their other halves. It's been a year for you two."

I closed my eyes, the ache in my chest I so desperately sought to hide returning. I pulled myself together and opened my eyelids.

"I'm not ready yet."

Nicos sighed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and taking me back to our house.

***

The only time I ever saw Kyros was in my dreams. His eyes, his broad shoulders, his scent, his existence clouded my dreams and suffocated my very being. I guess it was a product of me suppressing all thoughts of him during the day. He was like a window left ajar; a thing which drew insects to them as they bothered you with their mere existence.

Of course, I missed him. 

But I was doing so well without him and that was how I intended to keep it.