Chapter Twenty Two

Talia

A HEAVY WEIGHT had been pressed upon my chest since I'd drifted out of unconsciousness; and judging by the large, burly arm snuggled around my waist whilst the other tightly gripped my thigh, I knew it had been Kyros. Realising that my mates massive body was cuddling me, I quickly pried my eyes open and glanced down, only to have my heart melt at the sight in front of me.

Despite his stony personality; his sternness had seemed to disappear on his face, replaced by content instead. His face had been pressed between my breasts, using their plumpness as a cushion. Kyros' entire body was covering my smaller frame. He had effectively ceased any movement of mine; causing me to be completely and utterly caged by him. I held down a giggle at how adorable his face seemed.

I took this rare opportunity as a chance to memorise very curve of his face and engrain them into my mind. He looked completely at peace; his mouth drooped into a calm, straight line rather than his usual snarl. I tried to hold my breaths in, not wanting to ruin this beautiful moment with something as minuscule as breathing.

Soon I had begun to wonder if we overslept due to the suns ambient light glistening through the window. I wasn't able to crane my neck to look at the digital clock because Kyros' ginormous body restricted all my movement.

I watched silently as he unwrapped his arms from my body, his eyes drooping drowsily as he examined my in his half delirious state. He propped his elbows onto the bed, then inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and not long after, opening his mouth to speak, "Are you watching me?"

I was 100% sure that his deep, croaky voice in the morning had been the hottest thing I'd ever heard.

I feel myself blurt the words out before I could stop myself, "Shamelessly."

I instantly regretted the word vomit as soon as it tumbled from my mouth. I didn't want Kyros to be angry with me, and my words probably only made our complicated . . . relationship even worse. I mentally groaned at my stupidity. 

Then. . . the weirdest thing happened.

His lip lifted slightly, and I could've sworn I saw him smirk a little. I wish I had my phone with me - because this - this was picture worthy.

A few seconds later, I noticed Kyros' eyes drooping slightly and not long after, his head was propped back against my chest. I sighed, relieved.

I had half expected him to yell at me. I certainly hadn't expected the glint of amusement twinkling in his eyes. Did that mean something? Was he. . . accepting the mate bond? I bit my lip, not wanting to get my hopes up.

"Kyros," I blurted, not able to keep my thoughts to myself any longer.

Kyros groaned, his throat bobbling up and down in between my shirt and I heard a faint, "Mhmm," release from him.

"Aren't you mad at me?"

"Fuck yes." He growled.

I winced, "Does that mean I have to go back with Adonis?"

Silence.

There hadn't been a word communicated between us. Then I heard it. Loud snores echoed through the room - the root being Kyros. His chest bobbed up and down as his breathing slowed. I laughed loudly, unable to contain myself. He had fallen asleep - again. Something told me, like myself, he hadn't been sleeping well since we'd separated.

I brushed my fingers through his thick, long hair. The strands were luscious shades of black, like soft kisses on my finger tips. It wasn't long before sleep had swept me away as well.

Contently.

-

The soft patters of the water hitting the bathroom floor brought me out of my state of unconsciousness.