Chapter Five

Talia

ADONIS LED ME into a castle-like house. The antique character of the building told me that this had been built long ago. "This," he turned to me, scratching the back of his head, as I gazed at around my surroundings, "Is Kyros' house."

His sickly intoxicating scent filled my nostrils. If I could bathe in his scent, I'd drown myself in it. My thoughts clouded with him and only him. The house screamed luxury. The room that we had entered led to a long hallway, with a substantly large dining table situated in the middle of the room.

I squinted my eyes and pointed at the dimly lit lights that idly hung from the ceiling, "Is it always this dark in here?"

Adonis rolled his eyes, "I don't know if you've noticed but Kyros loves to wallow in his own misery."

The yellow tinted chandeliers hung above every ornament in this room. It was a modernly styled room that we had entered, strangely enough, Kyros had exquisite taste in furniture. Albeit the beige walls had been a tedious color to look at, the undeniable luxury in this house couldn't be ignored. Kyros had obviously been extremely wealthy.

Adonis grinned at me, "Like what you see?"

I laughed, "Its better than what I'm used to, thats for sure."

Adonis smiled a sad smile, his brown eyes softening, but I looked away. I didn't really want anyone to feel bad for me; sympathy, along with Nicos' obnoxious chewing, was one of my biggest pet peeves.

"Kyros says you are also free to leave when Nicos is out of the hospital."

I nodded my head in agreement, as soon as Nicos was done recovering, we'd leave as soon as possible. We'd most probably overstayed our welcome here. I didn't know what I would do about my mate, but I didn't know if he wanted me to even stay, considering we haven't seen eachother since I arrived. "Thank you, Adonis."

Adonis gave me a slight nod, "You should be thanking Kyros."

I nodded, ignoring the amused glint in his eyes.

Adonis smiled, "I can get a maid to show you to your room?"

A maid? I furrowed my eyebrows, how rich were they? I must have been secluded so much from the werewolf world that I must have forgotten how rich packs had been.

I nodded, "Sure."

Adonis introduced me to Esmerelda, a seemingly middle-aged woman. She greeted me with a stoic expression but her perfectly plucked brows furrowed in confusion. Her reaction hadn't surprised me in the slightest. I had gotten her expression every time I came across a pack wolf and I knew why. They'd all been wondering why I carried no rogue scent or pack scent.

"Take her to the West wing, fourth floor." Adonis commanded. Esmerelda nodded, bowing her head in respect. Adonis gave me a slight nod in acknowledgment and left Esmerelda to do her job.

In a haste, she led me to my room. We climbed four sets of stairs before reaching our final destination. She led me to the first door on the left, and turned the nob, bowing her head as she opened the door for me. The room I had been situated in was large in size, spacious, too. There was a TV hung up on the wall, right across my bed. A door was placed at the corner of the room. An en suit, I presumed.

"This is where you will be staying for the remainder of your time here. Some clean clothes will be brought to you just before dinner. I'll be on my way now." Esmerelda stated, bowing her head. Before she went out the door, I stopped her.

"Wait,"

"Yes?" She paused, awaiting my answer.

I scratched my head, feeling uncomfortable as I asked, "How will I know when dinner is?"

Esmerelda pointed to a landline hung up on the walls by the window. "The kitchen will call you using that phone, is there anything else miss?"

I shook my head, "No, that's all. Thank you."

She nodded, taking a step back and making her way out of the room.

I sighed, taking a look around the room. The luxuriousness shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. I knew I was Kyros' mate, but a part of me expected to be thrown into a dungeon. 

I glanced at the queen sized bed with white sheets and fluffy pillows. My curiosity got the best of me as I took a few steps closer to the bed. I laid down, resting my head against the pillows. The bed was the comfiest thing I've ever laid on. It was like sitting on clouds. An upgrade from the forest floors I had slept in.

The room was painted rose gold and the window lid was slightly open, the wind blowing its white drapes blowing all over the place.

I never really knew what mate was or how things worked, but I knew they existed. I'd always secretly wanted a mate, but I never really expected to have one. I never expected to come across anyone or any pack; I didn't think I would have the chance.

I swung my leg over the bed, landing on the cold tiles of the bedroom, and winced. I tiptoed to the bedroom door, and placed my hand on the door handle, slowly pulling it open. I was met with a long hallway and a wide stair case.

I looked around. The hallway was empty, but I could faintly hear some chatter downstairs and debated on staying in my room and waiting for the phone to ring, but I wasn't one to sit around and do nothing.

I took my time walking down the stairs, not knowing what to expect. The second my feet hit the floor, the room went silent. There were several men downstairs, piled up by a large table, conversing with each other.

They must be the warriors, I thought. The room was large, larger than any room I'd ever seen in my life.

I thought this had been the Alphas house? Why were the warriors here?

Everyones eyes met mine, I could smell their distaste. Pack wolves didn't get along with unfamiliar scents. One man growled at me, edging towards me and I took a step back. I hated a challenge, but I was never one to draw attention to myself. I wasn't one to cause a fight.

The man stepped closer and was about to lunge, but instead my vision was blocked and the man fell to the ground. It was all a blur, it happened too fast.

I gasped, stepping back and gripping the rails of the stair case as if my life depended on it.

It was my mate.

Kyros pinned the man to the ground by his broad shoulders, hovering over him, and growled in rage, "I wouldn't fucking dare."