Chapter Eleven

**WASNT GONNA UPDATE UNTIL NEXT WEEK BUTTT WE HIT #3 IN LYCAN????? WHAT !!! IM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOUU OMG :))) i fr wrote this book so i could read it over and over again & enjoy it for myself. its pretty cool knowing other people enjoy it too! forever grateful to you guys, enjoy this chapter :)

Talia

WHEN THE WARLOCK had arrived I'd never seen an angrier expression plastered across Kyros' beautifully sculpted face. His jaw clenched at every movement the man mad, threateningly growling every now and then. Why was he so on edge today?  Upon his arrival, the Warlock refused to lock eyes with me, bowing respectfully in my presence instead.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his strange behaviour. How was he supposed to train me if he couldn't even look me in the eye?

I put on a smile as I stuck my hand out for him to shake. The warlock hesitantly glanced at Kyros as if he had been silently asking for his permission. Kyros intensely stared at the quivering man, who gulped audibly and shook my hand back.

"I'm Talia,"

The warlock smiled back at me, "Alaricus."

"Nice to meet you, Alaricus."

Kyros growled when Alaricus' smile extended across his face, which immediately wiped Alaricus' grin off his face. His face dropped instantly and sweat had accumulated on the frightful warlocks forehead, all color immediately drained from his face.

I narrowed my eyes at Kyros, "Kyros. You're scaring him,"

Kyros held his narrowing gaze as his fists clenched and unclenched. As soon as I talked, his narrowed slits vanished and the angry expression softened a bit. His softening gaze left as soon as it came– replaced by a stiff and stoic expression instead.

I rolled my eyes at his moody antic and turned to Alaricus, tilting my head in wonder as I asked, "So... how exactly am I supposed to activate my powers?"

Alaricus trailed his eyes over my face for a few moments, thinking for a while before he gathered his thoughts and spoke, "A Celestial's powers aren't just... activated. They must be drawn from tiggers."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Triggers? What kind?"

"Emotional responses; extreme amounts of anger, sadness, or even happiness."

I frowned, "How am I supposed to train then?"

"It's important that you're trained physically for your powers to awaken. It's as if you're shifting form your human form to your werewolf form once again; if you aren't strong enough to handle the pain, the affects could perhaps... even kill you." Alaricus responded, hesitating when he spoke about the dangers of my powers. Alaricus shifted his head down when he felt Kyros growl, the sounds of his maddening rage echoing throughout the room.

Kyros growled, "That won't happen."

Alaricus gulped audibly, fear evident in his eyes as he spluttered, "It's inevitabl–"

"I don't repeat myself, warlock." Kyros sneered in distaste. His eyes darkening as they usually do when his anger awakens; his beast threatening to ascend. His clenched jaw only added to the sharpness of it– his fists clenching to the point that his knuckles had begun morphing into a pale shade of white.

I tried not to check Kyros out as he stood in his glorious state of anger, but it was painstakingly impossible. I couldn't possibly fathom how hot he looked even when he had been threatening someone. I took time to admire the way his white button up cling to his biceps like second skin; the sight was enough to have me catch my breath. I bit my lip as my gaze trailed down to his torso, the thick amount of muscle only adding on to my arousal. Before I could trail my gaze lower and explore Kyros with my eyes, Kyros snapped his angry gaze towards me.

Sniffing the air, his grey eyes darkened into a hue far darker than they had been before– but not out of anger. 

Lust.

Goosebumps ran along the seems of my skin as a pool of desire awakened in his eyes. Kyros growled, the sounds rumbling through his chest. His gaze was stiff, remaining on mine– as if he'd been holding his beast back from doing something he'd regret. I secretly anticipated the awakening of his beast, the simple thought of Kyros unleashing himself made me incredibly hot and bothered. Dear Goddess, what had gotten into me?

Alaricus cleared his throat uncomfortably, his face contorting into that of excruciating discomfort. I knew that look on his face had meant that he smelt my arousal for Kyros. I blushed as the humiliation aching through my chest concocted all of the blood to rush to my face. How was it even possible to embarrass myself this many times?

The action snapped Kyros and I from our spellbinding gaze, causing Kyros to glare at Alaricus threateningly. "Resume without me." Was all he managed to grit out. Without bothering to spare me a glance, Kyros departed in a haste, leaving the Warlock and I to ourselves.

I pursed my lips, feeling slightly displeased, when he left the room. I tried to ignore the feeling, yet it didn't stop the from feeling from crawling through my chest like a spider fabricating it's spider web. 

Kyros and I were far from your typical mate bond, it'd been nearly a week and we had barely spoken to each other aside from when he growled at anyone in my presence. I knew the sexual tension pent up between us would one day explode.

I shifted my Kyros filled thoughts and adjusted my gaze on Alaricus. I smiled apologetically at him as I hastily changed the topic, "Should we begin?"

Alaricus nodded, taking me outside in the pack training grounds. It had been my first time outside of the castle– since I was caught trespassing– and the sights hadn't failed to mesmerize me. Due to prominent circumstances, the first time I arrived here, I wasn't able to capture the beauty that this place was.

Greenery was quite common in this pack, the beauty of our surroundings– flawless and unparalleled. I stood there, tiny in comparison to the tall trees, but their budded twigs had flown along with my long hair. As we made our way to the training grounds; I knew that albeit, it had only been my first time here, the mere sight of it was enough to keep me away.

Warriors with biceps as large as my head combatted amongst themselves; some even drawing blood from each other. If they hadn't been fighting, they were lifting two hundred pound weights. I felt my skin prickle and my heart rate speed up as a splurge of anxiety wriggled its way into my brain.

I swallowed, keeping my wavering gaze on the warriors who fought amongst each other as I spoke, "Is it too early to give up?"

Alaricus chuckled at my reluctance to train amongst the cosmically brawny warriors , "I can see why you're hesitant, but once we get you trained, you'll be just as good as they are,"

Grimacing, I tried not to doubt his encouraging words as I whispered, "I hope so."