Chapter Nine

Talia

I IMMEDIATELY AWOKE to the sound of loud knocks echoing through the halls and pounding through my room. I groaned, pulling the sheets over my head and mumbling curses under my breath.

The wind blew my curtains back and forth, and by the looks of the sight outside my balcony, I knew the sun had just barely risen. I groggily turned my head to my nightstand, and glanced at the rectangular shaped digital clock. 5: 43 a.m.

Who had been knocking at my door on this un-holy hour?

I knew it hadn't been Adonis or Nicos; the pair had left last night, but not before I had given Adonis an earful. I probably made the poor man wish he hadn't been born, but I didn't care. Kyros probably hated me after that trick he pulled.

Loud knocks interrupted my murderous thoughts. I grumbled beneath my breath, pulling the sheets off my body and stepped onto the cold, hard-wood floor. Wincing with each step my bare feet took, my grumpy mood only worsened. Reaching the door, I turned the door knob, the door creaking as it widened.

Esmerelda.

I smiled weakly, "Forgive me, Esmerelda. I'm not exactly a morning person."

Her eyes softened yet her lips formed a straight line as she nodded, "It's okay, Miss Talia. I was just waking you up for breakfast."

"Breakfast?" I frowned, it was far too early for that.

Esmerelda suddenly smiled knowingly, winking as she explained, "This is usually the time Alpha Kyros wakes up for breakfast. I figured you would like to catch up to him before he left for his morning run."

There it was again. That stupid flutter in my chest whenever I heard his name. Masking my pleasure, I narrowed my eyes and muttered under my breath, "Who eats breakfast at this hour?"

Esmerelda shook her head, "Thank me by freshening up and hurrying downstairs. I'll clean your room whilst you do so."

I looked back at my unmade bed– aside from that, my room had been partially clean. I had only been sleeping here for one night after all. But I supposed this pack had a thing for hygiene so I refrained from arguing with her, nodding instead.

I was unable to contain my obvious grin, pulling the door back, and closing it once she entered. Despite yesterdays events; I couldn't help the excitement I felt at the thought of seeing Kyros.

I suddenly looked down at my outfit; I had been in my mates shirt for two days. Even though I would wear it for the rest of my life, I felt disgusting from my lack of showering.

Esmerelda noticed my gaze and spoke up, "I had the servants restock your closet last night. You can hand me your dirty clothes and I can wash them for you."

I grinned. She was a life-saver. "Thank you, Esmerelda."

Esmerelda nodded, before she could go back to cleaning, I interrupted, "Wait, uh, do you mind returning this shirt after you clean it?" I nervously bit my lip, feeling like complete dork, but I really wanted this shirt back.

Esmerelda smiled knowingly, "Of course."

Entering the closet was as if entering another bedroom on its own. The closet was stacked with outfits I'd never even think about buying; an assortment of long gowns, short gowns, bikinis, jeans, shirts, skirts were lined up on the inside. I nearly gasped. I thought Esmerelda was going to get me a few outfits not... this. I couldn't contain my excitement though, all these clothes made me feel in touch with my inner woman. It felt good... beyond good.