Chapter Fourteen

Talia

"SPREAD YOUR LEGS apart when you hold that stance, Talia."

I huffed, shifting my my body weight on my right leg as I spread my legs apart. My knees shook as I moved, the intense training I'd been undergoing taking its toll on me.

"I am." I snapped, impatiently. I didn't mean to snap at him, I was just sick of repeating this activity so many times.

Alaricus remained unfazed, incredibly patient with me as he point to my calves and pulled it aside. "Now you are."

Removing his hold from my calves, he pointing to the black dummy inches away from me, "Punch it."

I frowned, "I already–"

"Punch it."

I sighed, not wanting to argue with him any longer so I could get this training over with. I'd already punched the damn thing a thousand times already– that was an understatement.

I bent my knees a lot, lifted my elbows and swung as hard as my bruised fists could hit.

"Again."

I nodded, ignoring the burning pain in my fist and began attack the punching dummy harder and harder until my lungs begged for a relief.

My breathing was heavy and it felt like I couldn't breath for a minute. Alaricus furrowed his eyebrows, placing his hands upon my shoulders, his expression contorted into that of a concerned one.

"Are you alright?"

I leaned my weight against him, trying to get in touch my body again and control its dizziness, when a voice startled me.

A growl could be heard.

I jumped away from Alaricus, immediately recognizing that deep, rumbling voice that I could fall asleep to every night until the end of time.

Kyros sported an angry expression as he narrowed his eyes at Alaricus, his chest heaving up and down, and his fists clenched hard. He took a threatning step towards Alaricus; one that would have anyone shitting themselves, which looked as if Alaricus wanted to do just that.

He stepped closer to Alaricus, quaking in his own rage, "Leave. Now."

Alaricus shifted his gaze to me, nodding as he made his departure. I suppose it was good he left before he angered Kyros even more.

Too late, I thought.

I edged closer towards him, feeling confused at how angry he had gotten. I mean, we hadn't done anything wrong...

"We were just training, Kyros."

His quaking stopped, his eyes softening, but it left just as easily as it came.

"You will not see that Warlock again." He stated, his deep voice remaining calm, yet deadly. He turned around as if he wanted to leave as fast as he could.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "No. I need him to train me."

Kyros growled, his anger bubbling back. He turned around and stepped towards me, his eyes blazing, "I don't like seeing that male around you."

My hardened gaze softened as I quickly came to a realization that Kyros was jealous. I bit my lip and held back my urge to giggle at how adorable he looked with his pout and his narrowed gaze. I couldn't help but feel slightly amused.

He frowned and turned around once again.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he did so. Why couldn't he handle talking to me for longer than five minutes?

I felt a raging desire to suddenly rile him up, the urge bursting through my veins and clawing to be released.

"Fine. I'll just go find Adonis. I'm sure he can help me with anything I need."

I twisted my hips around and jutted in the opposite way, attempting to walk away.

But I didn't get very far.

I was slammed into a tree, my mates hands gripping my waist, tightly. Sparks from his touch aroused me, and I felt my excitement brim. I held myself together, aware of the fact that if I didn't hold myself together, my arousal would be smelt.

Hearing another enraged growl rip through the silent clearing, I jumped into my senses. Kyros shook violently, slightly hunched over as if he had been taming his wolf. Tearing my wide eyes from his quaking form, my eyes found his. I could feel the electricity and the burning passion as I continued to maintain eye contact with him.

"Talia... don't say stuff like that." Kyros roared. I could feel his wolf resurfacing, and it terrified me that he was beginning to lose control.

The way he said it... he was animalistic. 

I feared for Adonis, and didn't want to anger Kyros any more. By instinct, I found myself lifting my hand and caressing his clenched jaw. His eyes snapped to me at the movement, his expression hard and stiff.

I felt those damn sparks again, the ones that made you curl your toes in pleasure. His skin was just as soft as I anticipated, despite the stubble he had grown. It was prickly under my fingertips and I wondered what his hair felt like. I didn't know where this newfound confidence came from, nontheless I appreciated it.

He leaned into my touch, and I bit my lip to stop from smiling. He closed his eyes and slowly, his quaking stopped, calmed by my touch.

But the moment ended when he opened his eyes, and those emotionless greys stared back at me. As if realizing our position, he ripped away his hold from me.

Kyros gripped my waist with his large, meaty hands and set me down on the ground. He clenched his jaw and leaned his palm against the tree, right about my head. His nose was inches from mine, I was so close to him, I was sure he could hear my heart beating erratically.

"You won't be training here anymore."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "But I still have a lot to learn..."

"You're leaving with Adonis."

I felt my heart drop.

Then I felt it crack, and shatter into a million pieces. I had fought hard with myself to give Kyros a chance, and try to get to know him, and he didn't want to have a chance.

"To the North?" I asked, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

Kyros nodded emotionlessly.

I narrowed my eyes at him, my single anger starting to brim, "Are you rejecting the mate bond?"

Kyros growled, "Never."

I scowled, "It sure seems like it."

Kyros just stared at me, as if he was waiting for me to accept it. And for once, I didn't feel like fighting anymore. If he didn't want me, then I wouldn't beg for him. I was not desperate.

I pushed back my nagging wolf, the clawing feeling in my chest, and my shaky hands.

In that moment, amongst many moments of defeat, this had greatly exceeded every other failure. I felt like I couldn't breath; couldn't speak; couldn't move.

I could only nod.