Chapter Eighteen

**HEY GUYS! i updated early because i've been getting a lot of messages/comments from people who want more updates :) its summer so i'm not complaining about u guys wanting more updates. but please understand i wont be able to update more than once a week during school. especially since i'm in high school now. school starts in less than ten days so i'll be TRYING* to do at least 5 more before then; 

Kyros  (third person)

THE CLAWING FEELING that ached through Kyros' chest had become unbearable; but being the callous creature that he was, he disregarded the unexpected emotion. Kyros hadn't ever felt a tinge of interest in a female as much as he had Talia. He couldn't possibly fathom why the female wolf had such an . . . unusual effect on him.

His wolf had been pretty much non-existent; until she had appeared. Decades of silence progressed with his inner-wolf remaining at rest. Yet, slowly, his wolf had begun to crawl out of the deepest, darkest places inside of him. The beast inside of him had been yearning – pleading for it's other half; the half its' human possessor refused to acknowledge.  

Kyros couldn't possibly understand why the Moon Goddess would waste her time giving him a mate. It wasn't as if he deserved one. He'd roamed the farthest of lands; invading them and killing hundreds of thousands without a second thought. He'd mercilessly slaughtered at this tips of his fingers. He'd even started one of the most dangerous packs in the world.

Then – there was Talia.

The softest sound of her voice commenced incoherent feelings inside of him. Her soft, doey hazel eyes were kind; welcoming – the complete opposite of Kyros. She was far too good for him. Far too nice. 

He didn't want her. Or so, he tried to tell himself.

Which is why he couldn't understand the hollow feeling inside of his chest as he watched the car drive away with her inside. He pushed down the howls of his yearning beast, who longed for his mate and forced his body to turn the other way.

She would never want him if she knew who he was.

After all, who could ever love a brutish being like Kyros?

It had only been four days since he'd last come across the female – since he'd last smelt her infuriatingly intoxicating scent or seen her long, flowing hair bounce up and down. He couldn't comprehend the feelings that arose when he'd thought of her. Why wouldn't the damned female leave his mind? 

Restless nights were common for Kyros – but since Talias' departure, she'd had been the sole cause of his insomniac nights. And on the fourth day, Kyros decided that he couldn't tolerate this obnoxious feeling inside of him anymore. 

Fine, he thought to himself, I just want to get some fucking sleep.

Kyros pushed back his office desk with his colossal hands, lifting himself off of the chair and taking long strides to the bottom floor situated below his. He sighed, annoyed at what the situation had come to. He felt his heart beat accelerate and with that, his pace only quickened.

He stopped at the closed door, staring at it for a few moments before he actually entered it. 

Her scent hit him . . . hard.

The faint smell of Talia's sweet, delicious scent instantly filled up the holes inside of his nostrils. His mind had been consumed with everything her and all things her. He pushed back his Talia-filled thoughts and took strides towards the empty bed. The white sheets were freshly made, the sheets free of crinkles or dirt; which made it all the more tempting to crawl into into the bed and snuggle in.

Talia had been in this room exactly four days ago. That thought was the only thing that eased his wolf and put him at rest. 

Kyros took steps closer to her bed, lifted the sheets and crawled in. He sniffed the pillow, leaning his cheek against it. He closed his eyes, relishing in her faint presence. She was the last thing on his mind before he was out like like a light.

When Kyros had gotten up the next morning, he could feel that his grumpy mood had only been worsening – not only because Talia had left, but because he knew the full moon had been closely approaching. 

He yelled at his warriors more often than he did, lost his temper more than he could even count and he'd been cooped up in the confines of his tiny office all by himself. His wolf demanded release; grasping some sort of freedom from his long term confinement. 

Kyros lifted his head at the sound of a knock on the door, and growled in rage. He bathed in his own solitude and found it infuriating when this was disturbed.

"What?" He growled out as the warrior entered his office with careful steps, his gaze casted downwards, in fear of his Alpha losing his already thin temper.

"Alpha, Alpha Adonis of The North has called to remind you that the Full Moon is in three days."

Kyros growled, snarling in annoyance, "And why would I give a fuck about what he has to say?"

The warrior gulped, "He asked if you would be doing anything about–"

"Tell him to shove what ever the fuck he has to say up his ass. I don't owe him an explanation." Kyros growled, angrily. His fists had been clenched to the point of pain – but Kyros was blinded his own anger that he couldn't feel a thing.

The warrior stood silent, nodding in understanding; not daring to fight back against his Alphas words. What ever he said would go.

"Warrior," Kyros called, before he could leave, "Bring out the silver cuffs on the night of the full moon."

The warrior's eyes widened in shock, staggering back in surprise. Silver had been a wolfs' worst weakness. It held the ability to cause intense pain and hold back a wolf from shifting. 

"But . . . Alph–"

Kyros' growls cut off the warriors words, silencing the quivering wolf and leaving him to exit in a haste. Kyros wasn't in the mood for an argument, not that he'd ever lose one. His thoughts were too preoccupied on the occurrence of the full moon. Kyros had gone through the full moon many times before; but since he'd found Talia, everything would be ten times as painful. 

On the night of the full moon, the male wolves who hadn't found their mate would be on edge, their sense of control weakening, and their lustful desires sky-rocketing. This process was known as heat.

And Kyros would have to endure it.