Chapter Twenty Three

double update as promised! let's hope i keep up w it :)) i reallly wanna finish this story; we're half way there tho!

2023 update: lol u dont keep up with it.

Talia

IT WAS MY second night in the West.

I savoured every minute there, not knowing when Kyros would suddenly convert himself into the mean old brute he could be and kick me out. In a way. . . I had been ignorant. Specifically, to the fact that Kyros wouldn't have been the reason I left.

Adonis hadn't called, nor had I asked about him. If he did show up - Kyros would unleash his anger on him - and that idea certainly had not pleased me in the slightest.

I could sense Kyros slightly warming up to me; not as much as I would have hoped, but to the point where he stopped walking out of a room every time I would walk in.

Currently, I had been situated in his office, scribbling on a piece of paper as I helped him sort out some documents - much to his dismay and consensus. What could I have said? I was a stubborn woman.

"Where is the Green Forest Pack located?" I asked, curiously. I pulled my attention from the piece of paper in front of me and shifted it towards my mate.

Kyros continued typing speedily, his attentiveness remained on his laptop. "Right outside the forest." He stated, emotionlessly.

"So it belongs to you?"

He only offered me a nod in response.

"Kyros," I called once again after a few moments of silence.

The document seemed far more boring when compared to the task of interacting with Kyros. He was gorgeous to look at - and his voice was the sexiest thing I'd ever heard.

Kyros grumbled in response to portray that he had heard me.

"Why are we like this?" The question blurted out of me before I could stop myself. I bit my lip, anticipating his response eagerly.

"Like what?"

I rolled my eyes at his response, "I haven't seen many mate relationships before, but I know most aren't like us."

He stopped typing. His fingertips bending into the form of a clenched fist. His pupils dilated and his eyes darkened. I could faintly distinguish each and every vein popping from neck from his restrained control.

"Talia." He warned, his eyes trailing up and down my body. His gaze was lust filled. His tone was low-pitched and intense. His ears were morphing into a rouge color; the burning of his cheeks spreading beyond the outlines of his face.

"We're mates." I deadpanned.

"Talia. . ."

"You act like you hate me, Kyros." I pouted, not able to fathom where all this confidence came from.

I heard it before I saw it.

A wide, gaping hole had been left through his wooden desk, his fists clenched and filled with pieces of wood. gasped, audibly.

Kyros stalked closer towards me, his hazy, desire-filled eyes clouding with intent. I swallowed. Was he-?

His muscles bulged with how hard he had them clenched. His broad shoulders were all I could focus on as he stopped inches away from me. I cramped my neck to get a better look at him. I took the time to admire the sharpness of his nose, but then I quickly distracted myself with his smoky grey eyes.

Kyros lifted a hand to curl around my waist and pulled my body ever so close to his. I swallowed, unable to contain the pool of wetness between my thighs that had yearned to be released. His other hand reached out to wrap around my neck, gripping it softly. I felt the bulge of his pants greeting me, causing blood to rush to my cheeks. By instinct, I found my hands resting upon his rock hard chest.

Then he had begun peppering my neck with soft, delicate kisses. I moaned audibly, my desires sky-rocketing and the need for this man only increased. My hunger was insatiable. I was attracted to Kyros beyond belief.

Then his tongue attacked the spot where he would mark me - and we both froze. That mark had been sacred spot. To a wolf, it was the most pleasurable place a mate could touch you, except the other . . . spot.

Kyros gritted his teeth together; his eyes flashing a dark hue of black, the inexplicable sign of desire pooling between them.

"Go."

"But-"

"Go before I lose control." He demanded, his eyes so dark, his pupils were indistinguishable.

Not wanting to trespass his personal boundaries and make him regret what he was about to do, I carried myself out feeling confused. What made Kyros the way he is now?

I understood if he didn't want to mate me - not that I was ready to - but the least he could do is talk to me. I was sick of his one word responses.

I headed back to the confines of my room, wondering how long our game of cat and mouse would resume. Would we ever consummate the mate bond? I glared up at my ceiling, wondering why the Moon Goddess bestowed this fate upon me.

"First, you make psychotic lycans chase after me and now? You can't even give me a normal love life!" I bellowed at nobody. It wasn't long before the anger dissipated into tears; and like many other nights, I was thrown into a fit of sobs.

Little did I know, how soon I had spoken.

It was quiet; the sounds of my sobs slowly dying down. I had managed to calm myself down. And I had begun to feel drowsy; finding it harder to keep my eyelids wide open.

It happened too fast - the faint memory as vivid in my mind as if it had still been that day. It was an odd thing that occurred - no one had expected it - not even me, especially since I'd discovered Kyros. And that was the thing about them. They only showed up when you least expected them to.

So you could imagine my surprise when I had heard voices summoning me from the balcony of my bedroom.

"Talia," A voice called in a soft tone, ringing through my ears like wind-chimes. My ears perked at the sound - and I suddenly felt an undeniable attraction, as if my soul had responded to the sound itself.

My heart pounded through my chest erratically, and I felt the control over my body slipping with every second that passed.

I closed my eyes at the exact moment the same voice whispered my name, "Talia, we're waiting for you. . ."

It was an indisputable enticement, one that my body responded to immediately. I lost all my control; allowing my body to guide the way to wherever voices had came from.

It was hazy; my outlook unclear as I found myself standing on the outskirts of the forest. I was surrounded by towering, colossal trees. The night sky allowed the gangling trees to be hidden, their shadows far more evident than their physical forms. It was terrifying to be out at this late at night; but I was in a daze, far too out of it to realise what I had been getting myself into.

It was a trap.

"What the hell-"

I was cut off by an all too familiar voice, the sounds of his footsteps approaching, and I could almost feel his eyes staring holes into the back of my head.

"Hello, Talia. Long time no see. . ."