Chapter Six

Talia

I STILL RECALL the immense pleasure that took place the moment I saw him, despite his anger, he remained gorgeous. His grey-ish eyes gleamed through the light of the morning sun. His jaw, clenched in maddening chaos. Yet, I'd never seen anyone as beautiful as him.

A livid Kyros stood in front of me. He pointed his glares towards the warrior, furiously growling in the process.

Several gasps were heard throughout the room, and everybody staggered back in surprise. I knew they had all been wondering why an Alpha would stand up for a non-pack member. Confused expressions were painted across their faces, but they held their guard, in case I decided to attack. I gulped. My mate got up, his muscles bulging and his grey eyes flaring in anger.

"That goes for the rest of you as well." He snapped, glaring at his warriors as if waiting for one of them to disobey him. I felt my disappointment rise when he stopped talking. I wanted to hear more of his voice.

Kyros was quaking as he met my gaze. He trailed his eyes over my body and grunted. His eyes grew darker, but it was short-lived as he looked away. Kyros snapped his gaze to his warriors and I knew he had been mind-linking them. In a haste, the warriors scurried out the room, but not before taking the injured warrior, who had now been unconscious, away.

Kyros turned to me, and I felt my heart flutter as he spoke, "What are you doing here?"

I staggered back in surprise. This had been the first time he had spoken to me. I cleared my throat, disconnecting myself from my preoccupied trance and lifted my gaze to his eyes. It took a lot of courage to keep eye contact with him, my fingers felt jittery and I had to ensure that my voice didn't wobble when I spoke, "I was just looking around."

Kyros narrowed his eyes at me, "You aren't allowed in this room."

I captured my bottom lip between my top teeth, gnawing on it as I nodded at him. "I didn't know, I'm sorry."

Kyros frowned and turned around to walk away, but before he could, I stopped him. "Wait."

He turned around to face me, awaiting my answer, patiently. His posture was faultless, outwardly quintessential of an Alpha male, yet it still made me feel insecure about mine. I stood up a little straighter as I spoke to him, "I just wanted to thank you for letting us stay here. It means a lot, Kyros."

His beautiful greys altered to a deep, dark black. A pool of desire flashed in his eyes before the blackness took its place.

"What did you just say?"

I furrowed my brows, "I was grateful that you let us stay here?"

Kyros growled, "No. You said my name."

I blushed, "Kyros?" I repeated in question.

His eyes were pitch black now. His jaw clenched and his gaze piercing. His presence made me so shy and flustered, which was completely unlike me. I felt my cheeks flush when I realized he kept his eyes on me.

"I see you two have met." A voice said, my gaze shifted from Kyros to the source of that voice. I turned around.

Adonis.

"I guess that means no tea party tonight? What a shame, I was looking forward to setting you two up for a date." Adonis frowned, mockingly.

Kyros narrowed his eyes at Adonis, ignoring his sly comment, which made my cheeks grow a shade darker, "I told you to show her around."

Adonis grinned sheepishly, "I did. I guess I forgot to tell her this room was off limits? Whoops." Adonis winked at me. I rolled my eyes unable to contain my grin at his childish antics. He totally knew this would happen.