Chapter Thirteen

Adonis

AS I MADE my way up the stairs, the scent of Talias presence pulled me to her room; notifying me that she had been awake. It was just passed sun rise, and I had been making my way up to the shower when Talias door hindered me from doing so.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, why had she been awake at this time?

I stalked towards her room, stopping my when I reached her door, and connected my knuckles with the hard wood. I patiently waited for her to open the door as I listened to the shuffling inside her room.

Talia turned the knob, looking away once the door was wide enough for me to walk in. I knew she hadn't known it was me, and my suspicions were confirmed when she continued blabbering.

Her long brunette hair had been tied up by an elastic band, held tightly in a bun. She'd been wearing a silk, white night gown with spaghetti straps, the dress reaching mid-thighs. Her feet padded along the floors as she took steps away from the door.

"So, Esmerelda, I was thinking maybe we could see the d–"

I remained silent, waiting for her to realise I was not, in fact, Esmerelda. I mean... I didn't even have tits.

Talia turned around, her expression morphed into that of a perplexed one, her bright hazel eyes narrowing slightly and lips into a small pout.

"Wha–"

"Adonis! You're here!" She beamed brightly, a grin plastered across her face as she reached her arms out to embrace me. I chuckled beneath her hold, wrapping my arms around her shoulders in return.

"Wheres Nicos?"

Talia and I conversed about Nicos. I distinctly recall the expression on her face as I was telling her about Nicos becoming a warrior. He pledged to severe my pack as a member around a week ago and I knew he was a faithful boy. A incompetent fool, but a faithful one nonetheless.

I could sense her disappoint; Talia was many things, but she wasn't one to hide her feelings. I knew she felt out of the loop; maybe even hopeless. Especially since she gave up her only family to give Kyros a chance. But Kyros was dumbass, and that wasn't particularly her fault.

When we made our way down to breakfast, Kyros had already been there, his back hunched over the table, eating silently as we took our seats around him.

His hair had been ruffled, more than usual, and I could distinguish the dark eye bags under his eyes; more so than usual. Kyros had changed greatly since I left him here a few weeks ago. His warriors told me he almost never left the training field, barely ever left his office, and growled at everyone in his sight.

Kyros shifted his gaze to Talia for a split second, his gaze trailing up and down her body before he quickly looked away and acted as if he hadn't just checked her out. Talia remained oblivious to his action.

Whilst Talia was informing me about her training sessions with Alaricus, I noticed the angry expression construing upon Kyros' face. He clenched his utensils with a death grip, his chest grumbling a little. I immediately knew I had found the perfect opportunity to piss him off.

Turning to Kyros, I smirked, "Is there a problem?"

Kyros growled threateningly and my smirk only extended upon my face. He was furious. Jealous even... but he didn't dare admit it. He was too much of a pussy.

Soon after Talia excused herself. She stepped up on the stairs to get dressed for her next training session with Alaricus. Once I knew she was out of our sight, I turned to Kyros and growled.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Me?" Kyros snapped in rage, his dark eyes blackening. His eyebrows furrowed in frustration as if he had believed he was innocent.

"I told you not to bring her here, Adonis."

I rolled my eyes, "Your first mistake was thinking I would listen to you."

Kyros growled, getting up from his seat and banging his fist on the table.

"Kyros," I called, calmly. I bore my eyes into his, narrowing my eyes into slits as I deadpanned, "Talia is your mate."

His eyes flared a little, his whites hidden beneath the dark black that overtook his greys. "Fuck off, Adonis." Kyros spat, angrily.

I rolled my eyes, "Do you want her to mate someone else? To leave you and give up on you? If she were any other female she wouldn't have tolerated your shit, packed her stuff and left already."

Kyros growled threateningly, his eyes flashing with a little vulnerability. "Adonis if you don't shut the fuck up...

I snorted when he continued, "Stick your nose up someone else's ass."

I smirked, "I'd stick my nose up her a–"

Kyros seethed, "Finish that sentence. I. Fucking. Dare. You."

I wiped the grin off my face and shook my head, "I didn't come here to bicker over your mate. I came here to remind you that the full moon is in one week."

Kyros clenched his jaw, looking away from me, so I continued. "If you don't mark her by then, your–"

"I know." He interrupted, glaring at me, his fists clenched as if he was holding himself back from slitting my throat.

I scoffed, "You know? So you know that you have to mark her when you haven't even talked to her?"

I flared eyes up at him when he ignored me, "Kyros. You have to tell her. You cant just let it happen and not let her know."

Kyros looked at me uninterested, he glared at me as he remained silent for a while. He spoke in a no-bullshit tone as he growled, his lips curling into a snarl and his angry protruding.

"Which is why she's going to leave with you."