Chapter Twenty Five

Kyros (3rd person)

THE RAGE HAD taken over his entire being.

Kyros really lived is anger, almost as fictional characters did, so lost in that moment and the torment his brain was in. 

One could see it first in his eyes, then a tension of his muscles, an inability to think clearly soon followed. The rational Kyros was offline - not that he was ever online anyways - and the primitive Kyros who reverted to his old habits was in his office. Suddenly his thoughts had gone wild, his ability for nuance and emotional generosity were gone too. His fists would stay firmly by his sides, yet his words did more damage than they ever could. 

Adonis had arrived as soon as he'd heard, dropping whatever matters he had in support of his friend, leaving his warriors to deal with them instead.

"You need to calm down, Kyros,"

Kyros only offered him a snarl in response, his beast awakening and his form completely and utterly compelled by his own anger.

"Fuck off." Kyros growled.

Adonis narrowed his eyes at the angry mate, but instead chose to overlook it, "Where did you last smell her?"

Kyros' greys softened a hunch - the whites of his eyes almost visible - despite his obvious rage. "The forest."

"Talia wouldn't run away." Adonis conclude after a few moments of thought.

Kyros growled, "I'd fuck up anyone that'd try to touch her."

At that point, Kyros had reached the brink of his madness, to the point where his office had been demolished, as if a wrecking ball had rammed right through it. His fist had smashed the office desk into smithereens, plunged into the window with a mighty amount of force, thus causing an imprint of glass and wood shards to wedge itself between his skin.

Adonis silently agreed, "The lycans. I'd bet they had something to do with this."

Kyros growled, his eyes seeing red, the thought of anyone other than him touching his female throwing him into fits of fury.

"I'm going to obliterate every single one of them until their kind no longer exist." Kyros barked, flames seething through his eyes. 

"It'll be war on our wolves, Kyros."

Kyros growled, "I'd send an army out if it meant getting her back."

Adonis nodded, "What's the plan?"

"Beat the shit out of everyone of them."

Adonis narrowed his eyes at the angry man who hadn't been thinking rationally, "You can't beat the shit out of everyone-"

"Watch me."

In that moment, Kyros had felt a twinge of emotions awaken inside of his heart for the woman that was bound to him for life. It was sudden - almost unexpected - but the feeling reined in between his bones and seeped through his skin. He couldn't recognize the feeling - and little had he known, that the feeling would only continue to grow.

He paced left and right, his feelings jumbled like a spider-web and his emotions spiralling out of control.

"This is all your fault." Kyros barked at Adonis, who had stood flabbergasted by his seemingly obscene remark. 

"How the fuck is it my fault?"

"You brought here! And now she's gone!" Kyros roared, the thick, red veins popping from his neck as he bellowed. He was far from angry now - he was livid. 

"If anything happens to her..."

At that particular point in time, Kyros had felt his rage take control over his being, his beast awakening and ready to kill; and he had known that even if he had to follow in his fathers abhorrent past to take back his female - he'd do so. Because, no one and nothing would get in the way of him getting her back.

Not any being - the Moon Goddess, the Gods, or even the Lycans themselves - would get in his way.

"I'll kill you." His jeopardizing threat was met with a gravely calm voice.

And for the first time ever - Adonis was rendered speechless.

-

Talia

DARK, EMPTY, COLD, the room stood silently at the end of the corridor. The fluorescent lights flickered as the walls screamed out in pain, the lifeless shadowed figures curled up in the corners of their cells, whispering their demented secrets. 

He carelessly dragged his feet across the floor, the baggy t-shirt pierced with holes, stained with blood hung from his scrawny figure. The guard removed his handcuffs and his skeletal fingers clutched the cell bars trying to resist entering his new life. He screeched, rattling the bars, throwing himself around, shouting about the conspiracy and he began kicking and throwing punches at the guards. The tackled him to the ground; restrained him and threw him into the cell, slamming the gated door.

I watched the scene with a calm expression on my face; I wasn't at all shocked by the scene appearing in front of me. When they had captured Nicos and I - we had seen far, far worse things.

I gulped and looked away - feeling my heart ache for him - the poor victim who'd just been handed his death sentence.

There is something disturbing about this concrete box I'm in. It has been engineered with absolute precision. The corners are sharp and straight, the window a perfect square with evenly spaced bars. 

Someone had designed this jail cell, they sat in a clean office under the glow of the natural sun rays and used their Goddess given talents to create something so soulless as to constitute additional punishment. Apparently taking our liberty was not enough and keeping us from anyone who may have loved us was not enough. 

This place is designed to take so much more than that. 

For the most part their sanity was shot, they swung between crying for the mothers and battled invisible demons. And I knew what happened to prisoners who didn't deteriorate fast enough. The lycans would take it upon themselves to force an injection that gave them hallucinations.

I knew from experience.

Which is why I had been so desperate to make my escape, which I had been plotting for the second I arrived.

I tugged at the silver chains that were wrapped around my wrists so hard that my skin had started to blister. I groaned in pain.

"You can keep trying, little wolf, but you'll never escape."

I snarled at the security guard, who had found it upon himself to make my days here far worse than they had already been.

"Your roars are similar to that of a kittens' meow." He stated, as a matter of factly.

I kept my glares aimed towards him as he stalked towards me. He placed his gloved hands on my cuffs, pulling a key out in attempt to un-cuff me.

"Lucky for you, the boss wants to see you."

My eyes widened a fraction in fright. My body went frigid and my breathing was cut short.

Scrutinizing my evident display of trepidation, the security guard simply smirked in response. "I guess you already know what you're about to get,"

"After all, you never received your punishment for escaping."