Chapter Ten

*DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE WE HIT #7 ON LYCAN WHATTTTTTT 

Talia

I STOOD THERE in absolute silence, my mouth opening in closing like a goldfish. I couldn't find the words to say. I could feel the pieces of my heart shattering; it wasn't a rejection, but it may as well have been one.

I had remained unbelievably patient this whole time; holding my silence for the sake of Kyros' and I's non-existent relationship. I gave him time; and I would continue to give him time. I didn't want to push him into something that he didn't wish to pursue; but this just so hard to accept. 

I scowled, "No. I won't."

Kyros turned around, scowling back at me, "This isn't up for debate."

I closed my eyes and tried to hold my voice as I spoke. Please don't cry. Please don't cry. Please don't cry.

I narrowed my eyes immediately after I shot them open, "Why are you trying to reject the mate bond? Why do you act like the mate bond doesn't affect you?"

Was it all a lost cause? Should I just give up on him?

Kyros growled, taking long strides towards me, reaching me in one step with how long his wonderfully toned legs were. When he was finally within arm length of me, he reached out and grabbed my hips, with little difficulty due to the thin leggings I had been wearing. He gripped my arm, pressing my small hand against his chest, right above his heart. There was a pregnant pause; the silence overpowered by the beat of his erratically beating heart.

I swallowed, surprised by his reaction.

"Is that enough of an affect for you?" He snapped.

He ripped my hand away from his chest, clenching his jaw, and growled, "If you understood who I was, you wouldn't have just said what you just said."

I unfurled my eyebrows, my gaze softening, "Help me understand then, Kyros."

Kyros growled, "It's best if you don't know anything."

I stepped closer to him, standing inches away from his chest, his heavy breathing coming to a halt as I spoke softly, "You can't keep me in the dark."

Kyros eyes' darkened, turning away. "With me; you're already in it."

— a/n:

progress? i think so :) at least he showed ONE sign that he *slightly cared. but fear not lovely readers, inside that cold exterior, Kyros has a big fluffy kind heart. but don't tell him i said so...

love you guys :)