Fabricated Ignorance

Start from the beginning

"Embrace your destiny."

Once again, in his robes of gold, the torn skin that coated a thin, powerful man dawns before me as so do those ruthless, blue eyes.

Upon seeing the hideous vessel, I also know that understanding the rotten core, so putrid wiht decay and war, I must work hard to convince a man who's only desire is to kill... not to.

"—With open arms and welcoming," Snoke chimes, a smirk forming upon his cracked lips but never reaching those empty eyes. My breath gets caught in my chest and I know the fear is gaining on me, but I must breathe shallow and find a way to release this fragility, for I am no longer a glass doll for him to break.

"Six..." The Supreme Leader leans in upon his throne, his forefinger brushing his thumbs as if he was rubbing awake the evil within, "How have things been since our last discussion?"

Whilst it sounded like small talk, the man had cut straight to the chase—as if I was the helpless rabbit to his wild dog. My mouth goes dry and I pray he doesn't notice the way my legs shake beneath my skirt.

How had things been? Haunting, but enchanting all the same. I had gone through the worst weeks of my life whilst also the best with Kylo Ren. The most beautiful of memories are the worst, cutting my insides as if they were shards of glass. I can't let Snoke figure out my feelings towards his apprentice—look at what he did when he found out my warmth to my best-friend.

"Fine," I utter, my voice barely reaching the throne but the man upon it heard me never-less.

I'm working so hard on closing off my mind and trying on my emotions, that I didn't notice the Supreme Leader rise from his seat, and make his way over. Standing mere inches from me, he watches me as if he was trying to read behind my skull, though I knew he was saving that for later.

"Has it?" He mutters, eyes flickering upon my features and a sly tongue licking his thin lips as if he was already salivating before his prey,

"And what about our... agreement?"

I begin to see red and I suddenly forget my place behind all this anger within.

"Agreement?" I spit, as he begins to do laps around my frame, "Don't you mean your threat?"

"Well, in that case..." The Supreme Leader began and as he rounded back in front of me, his smirk never faded. My eyes flicker behind his shoulder to General Hux for a second, to notice the one upon his face grow too at my words; as if he already knew what was about to happen.

Suddenly, all the air within my lungs evaporates and my airways tighten.

I claw at my neck, but find no hand to rip away from strangling me. My heart starts to beat harder and faster. My adrenaline levels rising as tears spilled from my eyes and down my draining cheeks.

"–Did my threat work?" He seethes into my trembling face. Saliva falls from the corners of my mouth and I beg silent spares at the leader, his force grip cutting off all my abilities and making my veins feel as if they are about to collapse—but only I do, as I fall helplessly to my knees; like a good subject to a ruler would.

All at once, the grip around my throat is gone and immediately, I heave in oxygen as if I had never inhaled before. It shocks my lungs and my heart beat quickens as I lay vulnerable beneath Snoke's feet.

Only my gasps fill the silence, echoing against the armour of the guards and the paneling of the throne. I know the tensing of my muscles against the shaking of my bones is useless, but I do it instinctively, trying to suppress for a few more moments what I know I cannot. I need to drink in the silence to counteract the fear that threatens to engulf me, but Snoke ends the silence after my gasps return to a normal pace once more.