Confusion

Dakota shoves me off of him and I watch, startled, as he stomps off out of the room. A moment ago I swore I saw a momentary look of confusion register on his face.

"Son of a bitch." I say to myself.

I shake my head and start to think of what I should do now.

A couple minutes of pacing the room I decide to go for a run. A run sounds good right now.

My wolf pushes at the thought of being able to stretch my true form.

I lock my door behind me and start to walk down the hall to go downstairs but stop in my tracks as Dakota carries one of the two girls from earlier, up the stairs; her body tangled in his.

I get this very violent thought of ripping her to pieces as I stand at the top of the stairs watching them make out; their breathing heavy.

Next thing I knew he was pressing her up against the wall and feeling her up.

Before I realized it I was hurling up everything I'd ate this morning onto the steps in front of me. The two tongue tide lovers jump back from eachother as if they'd been caught doing something they shouldn't have.

I laugh weakly out of anger and it's not long before the tears start coming.

"When the hell did you get there?" Dakota yells.

I stop laughing and tears beging stinging my cheeks.

"Ew! Look she just barfed all over the stairs! Now the bitch is crying!" The girl says to Dakota, making her disgust clear.

That's it. My vision blurs with pain and I feel my muscles stretch and pull. My canines lengthen, my skin turns into fur, my fingernails transform into claws. My wolf escapes.

Dakota steps in front of the girl as to protect her and I snare.

Fuck you!

I scream at him.

"Lynn shift back!" He yells demandingly.

I ignore him and look at the girl.

Shift!

I scream at her.

Fear starts to basically roll off of her and that only makes me feel stronger, expecially when she listens to me and shifts.

The girl turns into a small brown wolf and I growl at her. Her ears start to flatten back as to submit but then she pulls back snarling lips.

Dakota snarls once more at me, "Stop! Now!"

No!

Without another word he shifts into a giant grey and white wolf and growls at me again.

I will not submit to you!

Without another thought I ram into Dakota, knocking him off the stairs, and grab the small brown wolf by the throat. I drag her quickly through the kitchen and out the open back padio door. I throw her across the concrete and get into a fighting stance.

Fight me!

She stays slumped against the concrete shaking. I growl at her again and then I feel the loss of breath when something very strong hits me very hard in the side, knocking the air out of my lungs. I fall into the pool and I struggle to make my way back to the surface. When my head emerges from underneath the water I see a very angry Dakota staring right at me from the edge of the pool, snarling and growling. 

I look over to the girl and she's up on her feet cowaring behind him.

Go home!

Dakota orders her. She pins her ears back willingly in submit and shoots off slowly around the house and out of my sight.

I swim to the opposite side of the pool and pull myself out of the water. I look back at Dakota and he's still growling at me from the other side. The fur on his back stands on end and I just turn away from him. An act of defiance.

I huff and then make my way into the forest in front of me.

Where do you think you're going?

He yells from behind me.

I hear his paws hit the earth as he runs to catch up to me but I take off into a dead sprint. I weave through trees and jump over fallen logs for thirty minutes but Dakota still seems to keep up with me.

I stop dead in my tracks and look back at him. He stands about ten feet behind me and breathes heavily. I must have been quite the workout to make the future Alpha out of breath.

I look up at the sky and take a deep breath. Birds whistle and fly above me and the clear sky means I'll be able to see the stars tonight.

You've managed to keep up with me, I see.

I say to him.

I'm the future Alpha. I can't be out of shape.

Well if you're in such good shape then why are you breathing like that?

Like what?

Heavily.

I sit down on my hind legs but Dakota doesn't move.

You ruined my life,

I say after a pause.

How did I ruin your life? You ruined mine!

I didn't ask for this! When I thought I'd find my mate I didn't think he'd reject me right on the spot!

I look back and snarl at him.

I don't need a mate! I didn't ask for one!

Do you honestly think that you'll never find your mate when you are a Lycan? Everyone has a mate! It's just a matter of time before they find them! You don't understand how having a mate can effect you!

I scream at him.

How can having a mate affect me?

I hear his snarls from behind me and I shift back into my human form. My back towards him.

"This is how it affects you and me!" I scream.

I look back at him and he stands in human form, shocked. I pick up anything and everything around me and start hurling it at his face.

"This is how it's ruined my life! You've marked me by just looking at me!"

I try my hardest to not cry because I'm tired of being weak and I'm tired of being a coward. I'm tired of running away and hiding. I just want to scream and yell instead. To let it all out.

Dakota either dodges or catches the small rocks and twigs I throw at him, and that only makes me angrier, but what really pisses me off is that he won't look me in the eyes.

"I don't want you as my mate!" I scream. "What a horrible person I'm supposed to love! What a fuck up this is! I will never love you!"

I stand there, my chest heaving and my throat buring from all the screaming. I watch as my words tear him apart and I know it does because he's not putting on his face.

"You're such a fake," I say as I realize that all of him is just for show. "Why do you lie to yourself?"

Dakota says nothing back to me and gives me no sign of replying. I walk up to him and tilt his chin roughly so he'll look me in the eyes.

"Reject me as your Luna."

That's when I see it.