Dancę

I arrive at the pack house and Dakota is standing on the front porch, a lit cigarette between his lips. I growl low and flash my extended canines at him. He takes a drag off his cancer stick before throwing it on to the ground and crushing it with the sole of his Nikey shoes.

After a pause he looks me dead in the eye and speaks, his voice husky. "Are you challenging me?"

I snarl at him and hunch low to the ground. I was going to rip out his throat and howl victoriously over his dead body.

"I always thought your wolf was ugly. A hideous copper color of some shit." Dakota says as he takes a step off the porch. "You're here for revenge are you not?"

I feel my body go ridged and my mouth salivate. I wanted to end him.

"I never actually liked her." He says as he tosses a pack of cigarettes onto the ground behind him along with a purple lighter. "I just felt this strong, sexual, need for her. It was never to protect her either. I didn't even care as I watched her get hit by that car."

I lung towards him and he shifts into his wolf. I feel my fangs sink in to his hindquarter and he yelps, returning my attack with a bite to my back leg. I growl low and lock my jaw, shaking my head vigorously from side to side, forcing him to howl out in pain and release me.

I let go of his hindquarter and drop the chunk of fur and flesh from my mouth, automatically taking his back neck between my teeth and locking my jaw.

Dakota flips onto his back and squeals in pure agony as he kicks at me hard with his back legs. I feel his claws tear through my side and across my stomach, but I feel no pain. My wolf thirsted too much for his blood that the pain didn't even register.

By this time, I was gone.

I release my hold from the back of his neck and bite his ear, ripping it off as I yank my head to the right. Blood spews onto our fur and the taste of the coppery substance rings rich in my mouth.

I dig my front claws into his chest and rip downwards across his stomach, piercing his flesh and causing fur to fly everywhere.

I go for his throat but I'm rammed in the side and thrown across the yard by something hard. I get up off the ground and look at the massive wolf that stood over Dakota, protecting him from me. I snarl at him and the wolfs authority wafts over me, causing me to lower my head in submission.

"Shift." A deep voice orders.

I shift and the rage ceases. I drop to my knees, my body aching and bleeding.

"Dakota, shift." The Alpha orders to the heap of fur and meat laying on the ground howling in pain.

Dakota shifts and his howls turn in to screams. I look up to see five very deep, very large, claw marks across his chest to his hip bone, a big chunk of flesh torn from the other hip, and his right ear almost completely missing.

A hand comes down and rests on my shoulder. I jerk away and continue to stare at Dakotas mangled body. "Did I do that?" I ask so softly I didn't think the person standing beside me could even hear.

"Yes."