First Sight

A/N: I don't plan for this to be anything serious that takes to much thinking. I mean, why should it be? The name itself isn't even original and there's millions of others by the same title, out there. This is just a story to enjoy. So enjoy it!

Hello all, my name is Lynn and I am 15 years old. But ironically enough, I'm not your average 15 year old girl. I am a Lycan. Do you know what that is? Of course you don't. The first thing that popped into your head was 'Werewolf' wasn't it? Yep, it was. I was right. No! Lycan are commonly mistaken for Werewolves but they are not Werewolves! Werewolves are those who were bitten by either Lycan or other Werewolves and are forced to change into a huge hideous beast under the full moon. They are also complete savages and have absoloutly no manners! Lycan, on the other hand, are those BORN with the blood of wolves and can take the form of who they truly are, when they want. And believe me when I say it, Lycan in their true form are the most beautiful creatures you'll ever see. Wait. What am I saying? You'll never see a Lycan! Why? Because a Lycan will never let you see them.

The sound of my alarm clock forces me out of bed at 5 AM. I groan as I drag myself to the bathroom and look in the mirror. I look terrible. I hop in to my tiny shower and wash my medium length light, almost blonde, brown hair with my favorite Trésemee shampoo and conditioner.

After about five whole minutes of washing myself I decide to take another five minutes to let the cool water beat down on my face and pour down my body.

My mom walks into the bathroom and pulls the shower curtain open, "Get out, we have to get this show on the road." She says as she turns the water off.

I open my eyes and looks sideways to glare at her but she had already busied herself with packing up everything in the bathroom.

"Your clothes are on your bed. Get dressed fast or your dad is going to throw a hissy fit." The door closes behind her.

I groan as I step out of the shower and shiver as I'm hit with a blast of cold air when I step out of the bathroom. My mom didn't even leave a towel.

I put on a sports bra and some comfortable underwear and then grab my tan skinny jeans from the tiny pile of clothes on my stripped mattress. I struggle to get my damp legs into my jeans but eventually get them pulled up and bottoned.

I poke my head out of my door, "Hey mom!" I yell.
Don't yell, it's totally unnecessary. She answers through our bond.
Where's my socks and shoes?
Your socks are on the bathroom counter and your shoes are down here by the door. Hurry up! We only have 5 more minutes or we'll be late. The pack is expect-
Yeah yeah! The pack is expecting us at the pack house in three hours!

I pull my grey "My Neighbor Totoro" pullover on and find my socks on the bathroom counter where my mom left them.

I take the stairs two at a time and almost run into my dad as he steps out through the kitchen doorway. "Sorry dad!" I say as I pull my chucks on. He grunts, "Open that door will ya' sis'?"

I open the door and follow him out of the house and to the car. "There's Oreos and a jug of water back there for you, Lynn." My mom says as I open the door and slide into the back seat. "Okay, where's the milk?" Mom gives me a look that was somewhat along the lines of 'areyoustupid' and I shrug at her. "Just a question."

2 minutes later we are on the road to Amber, Michigan and I realize just how long this car ride actually is.

Mom wakes me up by opening the car door that I had been using as a pillow, and almost letting me fall out of the vehicle. I shoot straight up and glare at her. Dad chuckles. "We're here." Mom says.

I get out of the car slowly and take my sweet time stretching. I let out a yawn and then turn to look at the house. It's huge. About twenty times bigger than the house we'd just moved out of and a modern country log cabin with giant open windows and amazing landscaping.