Freak Show

A/N: Sorry it took so long to get the next part up. I haven't really known what to write but I finally got it written. Only one person commented their thoughts on what should happen in this chapter and I wish I could get more comments, it'd be nice. Anyways, enjoy.

"You didn't tell me!?"

Adam lowers his head, refusing to make eye contact with me. I let out an aggravated scream and then take off out the door to my parents. I throw the door to his office open and stand in the threshold. I feel my face burn with anger.

My dad looks up at me from under his glasses, "Lynn, what's wrong?" As if he didn't already know.

"I don't know Dad," I say slamming the door behind me. "Mom told me that I was going to be married off to some other freakin' pack and then I find out that the new friend I made was the Princey Alpha that I was going to be handed off to!"

My dad had sat the pen he was holding down and now leaned back in his chair letting out and exhausted sigh. He closes his eyes and speaks, "Honey," he starts. "Sit down, please."

I sit down on the loveseat against the far-right wall.

"This wasn't our choice. Do you really think we want to marry our 15, almost 16, year old daughter off? Let alone marry you off to someone that you don't love?"

I cross my arms and stare at the wall in front of me.

"If it was up to your mother and I, we would let you fall in love and marry that lycan at an older age."

"Then who's idea was it?" I mumble.

"Brigs."

My jaw clenches and I glare at my dad, "So you're going to let Alpha Brigs decide your daughters path?"

"I have no choice Lynn."

"How do you not have a choice!?" I stand up and yell at him.

"He's a higher ranked Alpha then I am and we are living in his pack house, joining his pack."

"Then let's move!"

My dad slams one of his fists down on the desk in front of him which makes me jump, "We can't just move, Lynn! It doesn't work like that! You are of Alpha bloodline! You are a Luna and the only Luna in this pack, therefore the only free Luna to marry off! I don't want to give my baby girl to some other pack but I have no choice!"

I wipe the tears that slide down my cheek and leave my dads office, softly shutting the door behind me. I block my thoughts from everyone so no one can contact me through any mental connection. I find Adam sitting on the floor around the corner and I stop in front of him. "You okay?" he asks softly. I nod slowly and then shake my head.

"No I'm not, Adam. I'm not."

He stands up and hugs me. I let him.

There was a part of me that wanted to fight for my own life but another part that wanted to give in and listen to my Alpha's. My dad, Alpha Brigs, my mom, most likely Luna Kelsy, too. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I did like Adam after all but I felt like the freedom to fall in love with him was taken away and instead forced, now. This wasn't my biggest problem, though, and I knew it. Dakota was still in the picture. He was still my mate, asshole or not, he wasn't going to go away. There would always be this strong pull between the two of us and neither me nor Dakota could fight it.

"What do I do?" I say softly against Adams chest.

"What do you mean?" his breathe brushes the top of my head.

"I'm supposed to marry you but Dakota is my mate."

Adam tenses up and squeezes me tighter. "I don't care." he says after a pause.

"There's still that pull that will always be there, though. And the mark on my back. What do you plan to do about that?"

Adam pushes me back by the shoulders and looks me in the eyes.

"Lynn," he whispers. "I don't think that's a Mates Mark."

My breath catches in my throat for a small second, "Then what is it?"

"I think it's a Slaves Mark."