Hęąrţ Bręąķ

A/N: I hope you enjoyed Part 1, First Sight. I published it and then realized when I went to write Part 2, that the whole ending of the story was missing and it angered me quite a bit. Almost raged quit.

I feel my heart shatter in my chest and my voice catch in my throat. "What?" I ask, finally managing to get something out.

"You heard me. I reject you as my Luna."  He speaks slowly; evenly.

"You-"

"I reject you."

I feel all happiness inside me wash away like a town after being hit by a tsunami. I start to lose all my senses and get the urge to vomit relentlessly.

Slowly I turn around and begin walking to the front door, leaving my 'mate' standing in the doorway where I had ran into him.

I push the door open, step outside, and close it softly behind me. Looking up at the sky, I see that it is crying for me. Rain beats mildly against every object it touches and a few seconds later tears fall slowly down my face, stinging my cheeks.

I wipe at them with my sleeve, take a deep breath, and begin running, across the street and into the woods.

I run for what seems like forever. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and my heart screams with excitement, my calves burn, and, I'm soaked.

I stop.

"Why?" I ask myself. "Why!"

Screams fill the silent forest and small animals scatter. I kick at a fallen tree branch, hurling it into a nearby tree.

"Why!?" I scream into the sky.

I quickly take off my clothes, throwing them onto the ground beside me. I stand naked in the rain and scream more.

"Why!? You don't even know me!"

My wolf urges to get out and I scream again.

"You don't even know me!"

I break.

My bones pull and stretch with the familiar shift as my wolf pulls out. My nails lengthen into claws and my skin is replaced by fur. Fur the color of obsidian. I shift into a wolf. A wolf two times the size of a full grown female bear.

I howl and bark and then shoot off deeper into the woods.

The pain of being a human and running is gone and the excitement of being a wolf and running replaces it.

Rain beats down against my body and I take long hard strides. I howl more into the trees and I run without stopping, without fear.

By the time I return home it's midnight and all the lights in the cabin are off except a few. I go into the kitchen and grab a plate of leftovers before retiring to my room for the night.

I lock the door behind me and move my bag from the recliner before sitting down and flipping the TV on. I watch whatever channel is on while I eat my food.

When I'm done I glance at the hallway beside me and then get up to look around. I was right. I open the door on the left side to find a giant bathroom, fit enough for a Queen. There's a huge open shower, a jacuzzi, and a mirror that lines the whole wall over the bathroom sink and counter.

I take off my clothes, now dry, and throw them into the laundry basket. I turn the water on for the jacuzzi and look at myself in the mirror to search for any injuries. None. Just a few scratches. I turn around and look back to check there and then I see it.

Going up my side is what looks like the start of a tree, in blue ink. "What the fuck?" I move closer to the mirror and exam the tattoo better. That's when I realize what it is.