19: Frozen

15 Years In The Past

A pudgy young girl ran barefoot across the sugar-white sand, feeling as the cool azure water crashed against her feet. She glanced upwards to see two young boys floating high up near the palms. She huffed as she sat down on the sand watching with jealousy radiating off of her.

She wished she could fly, more than anything. Her stubby legs lay flat on the sand as she felt the ocean tide softly graze beneath her. Her pink dress got wet as she rolled away from the water. "Gah!" Now she was toast, her mother would kill her if she found out her dress got soiled. She tried to dust off the sand from her dress but to no avail, it was stuck due to the water. As she ran away from the water the two boys floated down, beach ball in hand.

"Marron?" The younger one piped out, bending slightly to her level. "You okay?"

The five-year-old shook her head furiously, her high pigtails whipping about.

"Goten, c'mon did you have to stop the game for this?" The older one questioned, exasperated. "Marron always does this; it's a bit annoying, don't ya think?" The lavender-haired boy balanced the beach ball on his hip, looking down at the shorter girl.

The blonde tilted her head. "Trunks you're a meanie!"

Goten stepped beside Marron, crossing his arms. "Yeah, Trunks, why'd you have to call her annoying!"

Trunks rolled his eyes, dropping the ball on the floor. "Because she is!" He exclaimed, "Now the game is ruined 'cause she had to go and start crying." Trunks turned over to Goten, cocking his head, "and you, you're a softie and always wanna help her!"

Trunks inched closer to the blonde, yanking her scrunchie off her hair. "And your hair looks stupid," he stated tossing the pink hair tie to the side.

Like clockwork, the five-year old's face began to grow red. Her face scrunching up, she breathed in deeply...before releasing an incredibly alarming wail. Her neck stinging in immense pain as she cried, sobbing horrendously.

"Now look what you did, Trunks!" Goten whined, "You made her cry!"

The young hybrid quickly shifted the weight between his legs, immediately feeling a sense of regret. He went too far again. Trunks was prone to pinning the blame on the young girl, but he never thought it'd make her cry. He watched as his best friend attempted to calm the crying girl.

However, before she could be neutralized, Lazuli walked out with Bulma, and Bulma's eyes narrowed down on Trunks. "Trunks...what did you do?" She asked after seeing the wailing girl.

Trunks guiltily looked up to his mother, before switching his vision to Marron's mother whose eyes were sticking icy daggers straight into his chest. "I...I didn't-"

Lazuli coolly walked over to the pink scrunchie on the sand and glanced at her daughter's loose strands. "You pulled Marron's hair?" Her voice was dripped in acid as she stared at the young boy. It was official...she did not want him to be around Marron.

Trunks looked down, avoiding eye contact with his mother and Lazuli. "Yes...but she was ruining-"

"But nothing Trunks!" Bulma snapped. "You don't pull on people's hair, especially friends."

Trunks harrumphed. Friends with this big baby crying toddler was not the words he'd choose to define their relationship.

The bluenette turned around, embarrassment was strewn across her face. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what's gotten into him..."

Lazuli simply stared at him blankly, before looking at Bulma. "It's okay, but I suggest you don't let him do it again."

Whilst embracing his mother, Trunks had been silently crying into his mother's arms. All while his phone kept buzzing crazily on the table. Bulma released him, noticing how persistent the caller was. "You should probably answer that, hon."